Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Might you be related to George Washington? Abe Lincoln? What about the creative genius of Albert Einstein? Or the musical talents of John Lennon? With the We’re Related app, you might find fame and friendships in your own family.
We’re Related is a free app that helps you discover if you are related to famous people and your circle of friends.
· See who you might be related to by simply adding in yourself, your parents and their parents. Already have an Ancestry tree? If so, you can skip this step!
· Discover how you are connected to unexpected relatives who share common ancestors.
· Easily share relationship discoveries on Facebook, Snapchat or WhatsApp, and more.
· Get notified when you have new connections to celebrities or friends.
· Share your relatives with friends on the app.
· Find out which relatives are nearby.
· Organize relatives by type or favorites.
Download We’re Related today and you could start discovering surprisingly delightful and meaningful connections in your family tree.
What's New in Version 2.6
1. Open to more countries. (United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia).
2. When viewing a path. If you vote down, we prompt you and ask if you want to hide the card. If yes, the views dismiss and the card hides.
3. Bug Fixes and performance enhancements.
We're related app
I have read some of the reviews from other people who have tried the app,
I have never had any problems with the app in any way. I enjoy checking out the
One's they show as a match with me.
On most of them I can trace back to the in common ancestor we share. There is a FB group called We're Related and people will share their matches and others who share the same famous person will post how they are related to the person. A few days I shared a match and another person they were related to the same person. We compared who the in common ancestor was and we both had the same one. He worked on his tree and found that we are 13th cousins. So it does work.
I'm Related To Who???
I'm really enjoying this app I've had over 30 possible relatives that really surprised me, one being one of my favorite country singers, let's make that two, Ms. Dolly Parton was one, the other being Ms. Carrie Underwood. Then there's Ms. Carrie Fisher; which means that I would also be related to her mother Ms. Debbie Reynolds.
I know that right now they are just possible relatives; but still, and there's just a thrill that runs over you over the mere possibility. I'm glad that it's somehow connected with AncestryDNA because as I continue growing my tree the more possibilities occur; I'm waiting on my results from AncestryDNA to see where that leader me.
Doesn't work all that well.
I gave it two stars because it is fun to see the famous relations you have. I enjoyed torturing my grandma with being related to political figure that she greatly dislikes.
But the down side, it constantly tells me that any of my facebook friends are related to me. However, I clicked on a friend to see who she was related to, and lol and behold there was my photo and we are tenth cousins one time removed, I mean it's crazy distant, but that's about what I expected. So after viewing that we are related I went back and clicked on her name from my profile, and it still says we aren't related. I have played around with setting and tips, but nothing seems to work. :/
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 18, 2017
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 54.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- © 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.