Take the WESH 2 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Orlando and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WESH 2 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Orlando breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WESH 2 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or to your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Orlando weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Orlando weather alerts and updates,First Alert Weather weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, security updates and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I think the app is great I think it runs great I think it’s easy to use my only criticism is of course we know you have to have ads and sponsorship however living in Florida we count on and rely on this app , it is the only one that works during the hurricanes and we have no power during the hurricanes to charge our phones so watching a five minute commercial when you’re in serious danger like when we are having storms, it endangers lives (your house is shaking feels like it’s about to fall down and you have to watch a commercial about a car ) and I wish during emergency times they would not run ads especially during the hurricanes and the outages in Central Florida , We are using life saving battery on our phone and relying on the news to direct us during the storms it’s not fair to try to sell us things at those times ! Please stop running ads during hurricanes and power outages during a state of emergency in general !
Unnecessary Notifications and Bloated Ads 👎
Used to use this app as my first source of news. Have noticed most of the content is extremely negative with very little positive news. Local news text alerts are horrifying, babies being mailed to death... I had to remove alerts because (although I know bad things unfortunately do happen) I can’t take hearing such horrifying news every single day!
I have also given up on streaming news because the ads are so terribly long, by the time the news loads... the spacex rocket has already launched or I have lost interest in trying to see the news and moved onto something else.
Please bring back a more user friendly app for your long time viewers who just want relevant news that may affect us in our area!
Here’s my 2018 update... ( since you asked)
Hello Wesh. Developers
It would be nice to have the choice to mute the adds😏
Update: The FAS adds are annoying! I realize they sponsor. We use this app everyday, so please give us the option to skip them. At this point for me at least, the adds are working against them. I will NOT be going to FAS!
I liked the other alerts from the older weather app better, and easier to work with. It worked without location services, and gave me a weather voice alert once it was set up.
Otherwise the app responds well, and it’s fast.
Keep up the good work guys😀👍
I see all of our feedback helped make the app better.
The weather videos are back, the adds are much shorter, and I notice today the option to skip the longer adds too. Wonderful! Allelujah!🙏😅
I hope you also added the weather alerts by location like the old app had. I’ve not checked yet.
Good job guys & gals. Thanks so much!
- Hearst Television
- 98.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018, Orlando Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WESH-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.