WESH 2 News - Breaking news and weather for Orlando Florida
By Hearst Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take the WESH 2 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Orlando and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WESH 2 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Orlando breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WESH 2 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or to your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Orlando weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Orlando weather alerts and updates,First Alert Weather weather videocasts and more
What's New in Version 5.5.1
You asked for it! We added landscape support for iPad, and you can now watch picture-in-picture video if you're using iOS 9.
We also improved overall app stability, video playback and fixed a few bugs.
Keep your feedback coming to email@example.com.
Went from Bad to Horrendous
This is supposed to be a local news app. It's really a collection of uninteresting junk from all over the country that doesn't make sense. 90% of the "stories" are strictly video clips with a 30 second ad playing before each and every clip (even when the "story" is only 15 seconds); 9% of the remaining "stories" are slideshows; a measly 1% is actual local news, or even national news. However, the text accompanying those actual news stories is generally 2 or 3 sentences, max. There are maybe 5 or 6 local news stories if you're lucky, but they rarely update. For some reason, they limit you to only 5 "stories" per section, and those "stories" seem to stay the same for anywhere from 3-5 days. The layout of sections doesn't make sense, and the user is unable to customize it into a format that makes sense to human beings. All in all, they took a horrendous app and somehow made it infinitely worse. That's not an easy feat, so hats off to them for that.
Too Much "Breaking News" Alerts
The app itself is fine. But, the main reason that I used to like this app was because of the Breaking News notices when something important was going on in the community. Now, it seems like they send out so many stories that they call "Breaking News", it is hard to even pay attention to all of them. Tonight, they sent out a "Breaking News" story about a dog that died in a house fire. Although that is a tragic incident, is it really such an important story that they send out a Breaking News alert to everyone who has the app at 9:42 PM? They need a much better filter to decide what is truly "Breaking News"...
Splashy but weak in detail
The headlines and alerts give the promise of more detail but when you open the app often times there is one line/sentence like "This occurred at this location we will come back when we have details". Well blow me down but even understanding that full details are sometimes not readily available I don't need to go to a story that gives more questions than answers. Get some meat in there the purpose is to inform not tease. The crash information for the highways and streets is very helpful however. More is better.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 34.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Television
- © 2015, Orlando Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WESH-TV
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.