West Texas Mesonet App Description:
Stay connected to the weather around you using the West Texas Mesonet app. The app brings a host of precise weather information right to your phone from more than 100 sites across West Texas, eastern New Mexico and southwest Colorado, current within 5 minutes.
- Receive updated, real-time West Texas Mesonet data from more than 120 sites across West Texas, eastern New Mexico and southwest Colorado, current within 5 minutes.
- Save your favorite weather stations for easy access to temperature, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts, pressure, dew point, humidity and precipitation.
- View daily and weekly weather forecasts from the National Weather Service.
- Share current weather data with friends through text message, Facebook or Twitter.
- Access maps of weather data from across the region.
- Pull down to refresh data; Relaunch app for new stations.
- Stations Tab: Added Pressure Tendency Arrow
- Weather Tab: Added 10m Wind Barbs, RFTI (fire weather), MAX Temperature, MIN Temperature
- New Ag Tab: Relative Humidity, Temperature Inversion 1.5m-9m, Leaf Wetness, 2m Wind Speed, 8in Soil Temperature
- New Heat Units Tab: Current Year Accumulated and Long-Term Cotton Heat Units for each station
- For Delayed Data: Will highlight red on Stations Tab and Show Missing Icon (“M”) on Map for data older than 30 minutes
Ratings and Reviews
I've looked at this online some but the app is even easier to use. The map function is fantastic. You can choose what weather event to look at and see the readings for the whole area at once.
Love all the information available from each site. Very helpful as most of our storms come from their coverage areas. A must download for all weather folks
Great app for current conditions
For a west Texas farmer, this app is a must have. I end up checking it multiple times daily. Great information and graphics.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.