By Rake in Grass
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A sheriff of a small town has been killed. People are desperate for protection.
Will you be the one, who will stand against the outlaws of the wild west?
Westbang is a fast and funny rendition of a classic shooter game! Fight many enemies, test your reaction and compete for the highest score on a way to become a legend of the old West!
* Face 21 deadly bandits
* Enjoy dubbed animated intro
* Protect 25 banks on your way to the top
* Try 4 game modes - for casual play and competition
* Experience simple yet entertaining gameplay full of action
* AND ENTER THE ONLINE TABLE OF TOP SCORES!
* GOOD: automatic reload, level restarts on death, slower bandits, story
* BAD: manual reload, game over on death, story
* UGLY: survival mode in the hardest level of the game
* TIME: survival mode, speed of bandits is constantly rising up to a ridiculous level
Watch gameplay video at www.rakeingrass.com
* The game automatically SAVES YOUR PROGRESS as long as you exit the game by pressing HOME BUTTON or if you receive a phone call - if you later start Westbang again, the game continues from the place where you left off. But if you quit the level from the ingame menu, your progress is lost!
TRY BEFORE BUY! Download Westbang Lite version for FREE!
Selection of reviews:
Slide to Play:
Westbang's attention to detail, replayability, and tight gameplay are the hallmarks of a superior arcade game.
We recommend Westbang for anyone looking for a fun and casual gaming experience.
One killer attribute of Westbang is the temptation to play it over and over again. All good game has this attribute.
For users of iPhone OS 3.0 software update and iPhone 3GS: Download latest Westbang 1.2 update, which fixes sound and music issues.
* Follow us on Twitter or Facebook at www.rakeingrass.com
What's New in Version 1.3
- new flags: China, Turkey
- engine optimizations and bugfixes
Westbang is a BANG to play! This is an excellent retro reflex-shooter. Shooting bad guys while avoiding shooting innocent people never gets old. There should be more games like this on tablets. The storyline lends itself perfectly to the gameplay. The guy who voices the sheriff draws you in with his comments in between shoot outs. Even though this is an iPhone game it fits well on my iPad. The variety of bad guys keeps the game from getting stale. The varying levels of difficulty help ease you into the game.
Superb arcade shoot-outs
I've tried a variety of arcade shooters, and Westbang has proven to be the best of its kind. With its four difficulty settings it provides a good challenge for young and old. Good-old fashioned fun for all those trigger-happy cowboys in all of us. While I think the cutscenes with the sheriff's monologues are a bit superfluous, they still are a nice bonus and very well done. Speaking of presentation, Westbang is extremely polished and it shows. I'm definitely digging the cartoon style.
Fun take on shooting gallery games.
Remember "Hogan's Alley" for the arcade or Nintendo? In that game, you used the light gun to shoot the bad guys and avoid the innocent people. This is an amped-up version of that style of play, and it's 10x more fun with touchscreen controls and a lot more variety. Good simple fun that's well worth the asking price.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 03, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Tovarys
- © 2008 Rake in Grass
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.