SEND MONEY FROM YOUR PHONE, ALL OVER THE WORLD
Show support to your friends and family all over the world. Repeat transfers, birthday surprises or emergencies – send money with the Western Union® app to make sure your money reaches the destination fast.
Easy to send: you can send money with a few taps and pay for it with your card or start a transfer and complete the payment in cash at a nearby agent location.
Simple to receive: your family and friends can receive the money to their bank account and mobile wallet or pick up the cash in more than 500,000 locations in over 200 countries and territories.
SEND MONEY ON THE GO
• Transfer money 24/7, virtually anywhere you have your phone
• Check currency exchange rate* and estimate transaction fee* in moments
• Scan your debit and credit cards1 for quick setup – less typing, less mistakes
• Start a money transfer on the app to pay cash at an agent location
• Reach billions of bank accounts worldwide
• Send cash to over 500,000 international locations
• Quick-login with Touch ID
MANAGE YOUR TRANSACTIONS
• Track transfers on your phone
• Look up nearby agent locations
• Set up repeat transfers for your family and friends
• Pay bills to thousands of companies without sitting down at your computer
• See past or pending transactions in one place
• Update and change account details right on the app
Download the Western Union® money transfer app for free. Start sending money to your loved ones today.
* Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
^Card issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. Use a debit card to avoid these fees and charges.
Thanks for your feedback. We’ve listened and made improvements to the WU app.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderfully convenient and hassle-free
Before this app, I used to send money to Guatemala using the western union website. Most of the time, my bank declined the charge. I’d have to call them up and tell them it was OK, and then try again. With this app, the transaction ALWAYS goes through the first time without hassle. Maybe because I use Touch ID with this app, the bank trusts the transaction. As to the rest of the app, it remembers everything, making it easy to repeat transactions. Using ApplePay is great, too. The app is reliable and solid, never glitches, and is a joy to use. Great job!
I have one suggestion: I love the fact that I can share the receipt with the recipient so they have the MCN number. One problem: it writes the email in English, though I’m sending to Guatemala. Please add the ability to choose the language of the shared receipts. Basing it on the system language or keyboard language is not good enough. English is my first language, and my phone is setup up accordingly. But, it’s not the language that I use with the recipient.
Thank you very much for sharing with us your review and insights about the app,Anon5383. Rest assured that this has been noted as we continuously listen to customers such as yourself, in order to respond to their needs, and better our products and services. Remember too that you can always contact our support team via the Help Menu in your App, or by sending an email with your user ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our specialized team will help you to solve this issue, as soon as possible. Again, thank you, a great day ahead of you and we hope you can check out our MY WU rewards program whose details can be found below:
A great weekend to you!
No opinion of the app
Western Union. When you hand them your money to send, better filled out the information correctly. Otherwise, you will get the runaround. One time I filled out the form to send the money, I have asked the clerk if I needed to include the middle initial of the recipient and she said no. No need to guess. I went back to that branch and they can not do anything about it. Call head quarter in the state of Colorado. Today I went to receive the money and one of the branch didn't have $830. So I go to a different branch. They asked me where I was born on all different branch. But when you filled out the form to send money, not all branch would check your information carefully when they input your information. Different branch different authorized owners. Today, one lady cancelled the money transfer and tried to get the refund. Guess what, one of the branch didn't input the middle initial. This should be their job. They do this every day. They should help the consumers, not screw them around.
Or they don't give a sh----t. Within one mile on the same street, it had three branches. All different authorized branch owners that would tell you something. Good luck.
What Happened in 4.2.8
It was the best of apps. It is now the worst of apps. The WU app. worked flawlessly most of the time on my iPhone 5S. On the 6 most of the time it gives me the dreaded Yellow Screen “Were sorry but…..” Calling WU “customer support” is a great way to get fee discounts (if you ever get the app. to work). Shutting down the iPhone after deleting the app. usually doesn’t get the app. to open after you reinstall it. I have tried twice to connect the iPhone to my P.C. and delete the app from the Sync. window. After re-installing using a Wi-Fi connection in my house it did work a few times.
The people in their off-shore tech support team are working from the usual script. Our only hope is that enough users report this problem, and WU’s I.T. people can fix this bug.
Every tine they Update it has more crashes. Last time I tried the “ Rewards” they were not for this life time. The only thing that gets higher is the fee.
- The Western Union Company
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Western Union Holdings, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.