The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf Mobile includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* Help Grant More Wishes - We’re donating $1 for every new Make-A-Wish ball or ball effect purchase for Wish Month
* Virtual U.S. Amateur - Compete in the first ever Virtual U.S. Amateur, featuring a new format with a qualifying round and live championship!
* Flash Sales and Recommendations - Check out the Pro Shop to see equipment recommendations and any active flash sales
* Bug Fixes and Improvements - Many of these, including the one about the disappearing flagstick on some courses
Ratings and Reviews
Glad i Re-downloaded it
First off let me make one suggestion, please consider allowing the ability to write down and save notes for particular holes on these courses; that way when you’re playing you’ll have reference points on how to play the hole based on how you played it in the past (just like real golf, all the pros keep yardage books and little notes jotted down). You already offer “hole info” this would be even better than that.
2nd, I first downloaded this app in late 2016, and deleted after maybe a month because I thought it was far too difficult. I re-downloaded it at the start of 2018 and this time I actually took the time to get better and now I love it. It’s much life real golf it’s frustrating but you will notice tremendous progress if you stick with it.
Finally, for those complaining about credits and the price of certain items, you can honestly get at least 500 credits a day from watching the short ads, that’s way better than a lot of other apps offer. Say for instance a good driver is 2000 credits, watch those ads for 500 credits a day and in 4 days you have enough for your purchase; even if you watch enough ads for only 100 credits a day that is a decent pace/amount to improve your equipment rather quickly. I would give this app a 4.7 but since that’s not an option 5 stars it is, please consider my initial suggestion!!!
Best Golf Game out there ... but at a price
The game creates an amazing visual experience and is truly addicting, sometimes realistic, and EXPENSIVE. To get good you need to spend money, lots of money, for clubs and golf balls that are necessary to compete. Seriously it costs approximately $10/ball for high performing balls. Plus you are limited to how many shots per ball before it is retired. Granted I don’t have to spend money on good balls and settle for the crappy ones. But if you want to play competitively you have no choice. I also feel the game is rigged in that a perfectly struck shot sends the ball off course and gets lost. You are left scratching your head and mumbling “how could that possibly have happened?” The answer: game AI is rigged to make you buy more balls. In more ways than one. The wind effects are not realistic. How does a 25-35 mph head wind allow my ball to travel significantly beyond my club’s rated distance sometimes and yet shut the shot down other times? It’s very frustrating along with some of the unpredictable shot outcomes on what appear to be perfectly struck shots. All means to get you to buy better clubs and balls. It’s a shame that the means to the end is spending $100’s of dollars and still not get a totally consistent shot outcome. I love golf too much to just quit as it is the visually best golf game on any platform. But someday I will reach my breaking point. We need MORE FREE rewards and LESS GREED by the developers.
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 208.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 300 WGT Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.