Multiroom Music/Radio Player by WHAALE for AirPlay(TM) speakers
By Logit Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We cannot answer to ratings in the AppStore.
- If you experience problems with an update, please use the "report problem" button in the feedback dialog.
- If the app does not start any more, please remove it and download/install it again from the AppStore.
- You can reach us via email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check http://airplay-multiroom.whaale.com for more infos about multi room audio systems...
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU BUY:
By default, the app is capable of playing music that
- is stored ON your iOS device (Apple Music is NOT supported, see below)
- provided by the Deezer Music service
- or that comes from Audiobus-compatible apps
- on up to 4 AirPlay speakers or the internal speaker of the iOS device.
Support for up to 6 speakers, Internet Radio and UPnP Media Servers is available as In-App-Purchase.
The app does NOT work with Apple Music (this music is DRM protected which cannot be played by 3rd party apps).
The app CANNOT forward sound of other apps (that do NOT support Audiobus).
Playing music on AirPlay speakers and the devices internal speaker /a docking station simultaneously is NOT supported. Bluetooth speakers are NOT supported.
Please read the app-description what the app does and what additional in-app-purchases exist.
Use the free version of our app to see if you like the concept!
Do you want to listen to your favorite music on multiple AirPlay™ compatible speakers at the same time? Even multiple songs in different rooms! Or do you want to mix your own sound-ambient?
Then the WHAALE Multiroom Player App is all you need - NO additional Mac or PC is required!!!
Your home is your stage - use our app to arrange the sound for it.
Unique WHAALE features:
- Play music/ambient-sounds on up to 6 AirPlay™ speakers simultaneously (*) and (**)
- Listening to one song on multiple speakers in different rooms (Multiroom/exclusive mode)
- Listening to one or more songs on multiple speakers in the same room (Ambient mode)
- Intuitive multi-touch user interface that offers a unique user experience by visualizing your speakers and your music
- includes an extension/widget for the today view of the notification center to control the app while running in background
- No system setup needed - all the speakers are recognized automatically once they are available in your local network
- Full access to the music library on your iPad/iPhone/iPod (iTunes Match/cloud items have to be downloaded to the device before they can be played) - see http://itunes.whaale.com for details
- the Deezer Music service brings a selection of over 30 million songs - see http://deezer.whaale.com for details
- the Audiobus source allows to play music that comes from other apps that also support Audiobus - see http://audiobus.whaale.com for details
- other Music sources available as in-app-purchase (see below)
- our WHAALE Family feature makes multiple WHAALE apps in the same network work together - see http://family.whaale.com
You would like to see our app in action before buying it? Then please download the free version of our app, WHAALE LE.
The WHAALE Multiroom Player supports all Airplay™ certified devices on the market and will run on iPad 2, 3, 4, Air/2, iPad Mini/2, iPhone 4/S, 5/S and 6/Plus and iPod touch 4 and 5 (see **).
Software-based AirPlay-implementations like Airfoil, XBMC, Reflector are currently NOT supported.
AirPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*) requires optional in-app-purchase; 4 speakers are activated free; further speakers will work in demo-mode for 5 minutes
**) Due to limited performance of the devices only up to 3 speakers are supported on the iPhone 4 and the iPod touch 4.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
- fixed a problem with devices that have 2 ip addresses (e.g. when they are connected to LAN and WiFi at the same time)
Don't buy. Doesn't work.
Unusable app. Music constantly cuts out or doesn't work to begin with. Constantly have to force quit and restart the app. Also there's a bug that causes it to show the volume box when you force quit and intermittently when it's running in the background.
Seriously don't waste your time & money.
CONSEPTUALLY FANTASTIC - FUNCTIONALLY DEFICIENT
Have 150 MB per second Internet, all new Apple routers along with iPhone 6, all within close proximity to each other and direct line of sight. When I use only Apple airplay without this app, everything functions perfectly and consistently. Among other things, if someone calls on phone while music is playing, music shuts off, then after call I must force quit the app and restart it to get it playing again because the app becomes non-responsive. Too many other problems the list here. Though I have reinstalled and updated the app continually, it intermittently fails. Even tried erasing entire iPhone and restoring everything with no improved results. Following that, purchase new iPhone 6+ and the same issues continued. Had Mac specialist come out to check everything and he said the problem was in the app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 1.9.3
- Size: 53.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Logit Informatikai es Kereskedelmi Korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag
- © The WHAALE Team
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to 3 speakersFree
- Upgrade to 4 speakersFree
- UPnP Media Servers$0.99
- Upgrade to 5 speakers$1.99
- vTuner Internet Radio$1.99
- WHAALE Family$4.99
- Upgrade to 6 speakers$1.99