What The Forecast?!! won a 2018 People's Choice Webby Award in the category of Mobile Sites & Apps - Services & Utilities!! Thank you to everyone who voted and helped make that happen!!
What The Forecast?!! is an accurate weather app that will explain, in real terms, how nasty it is outside. You will never again wonder if you should just go back to bed (which, of course, you should). Sometimes, it is better to just give up and try again tomorrow.
- Over 9206 obnoxious phrases describing the current weather conditions.
- Switchable profanity settings (On, Some, Off).**
- Listen to the latest weather saying in different voices.
- Accurate weather reports directly from AerisWeather.
- Daily forecasts for 10 days.
- Hourly forecasts for 48 hours.
- Weather alerts from NOAA.
- Backgrounds and precipitation that match the time of year and current weather conditions.
- Select from U.S. or metric units in the app Settings.
- Descriptions of basic weather terms used in the app.
- Share your weather reports on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
**Make sure you go into the What The Forecast?!! app settings and set the profanity setting to "On" for the full effect. You won't be disappointed (Or, maybe you will. I don't know you...).
- Loads of new weather and loading sayings, including many user submissions.
- Added today's date to the main weather page.
- Added disclosure indicators on the daily forecast items so people will know to click on them.
- Adjusted the background images for certain device sizes so they fit properly.
- Library updates to try and fix minor issues.
- Bug fixes and other enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t work with location service off 😢
I enjoy this app, and it’s no less accurate than any other. It’s entertaining first and foremost. Unfortunately there’s no option I can find to simply enter a location you wish to know weather info about. It only works with ‘location services’ on the phone. I keep location service off as a general rule and it’s frustrating to have to turn it on to get weather! I then have to turn it back off afterward. I would like to enter my town and have that info saved. I also would like to know the weather in a couple other places too, especially when I’m on a road trip!
I often don’t carry phone service on the iPhone and only use it on WiFi, and grab my hotspot when I am going to be away from free WiFi areas, so I am afraid what the forecast won’t work in those times...
Just not as useful as I would wish. Maybe the paid version offers the ability to save several locations and provide weather without needing location service on? I don’t know! But I think I’ll be going back to no weather app and and simply checking on a weather website where I can input my location as is useful.
App won’t load 😭💔☹️
I love this app. It’s entertaining n keeps me laughing. We got to get some more vulgar quotes in there. A lot of the same ones come up. I went into the app today. Cuz it’s a horrible foggy/rainy day out today. Hoping to see something gross, the app won’t even open. Keeps crashing. I figured I may delete it and re-install to see if that helps. I already turned my phone on/off and that did absolutely nothing. I’m still giving the app 5 stars cuz this is one of the best creations I’ve seen for a weather app. Maybe we can get more creative n provide a radar of the current locations? Maybe asking too much seeing this is for entertainment only. Regardless, keep up the good work and keep up the with the potty mouth. It’s great. Just need to upgrade our phrases. One of my quotes is, “A day without laughter, is a day lost!” This is my daily humor!
Developer Response ,
Can you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm not getting this complaint from other users so I'm curious as to what is happening in your case. I'd love to try and help you.
Concise and Accurate Data, Wonderful Snark
If you need me to use more words to convey my feelings about this app, go back and reread the title again.
For people that don't know how weather measurements work: this app gets data from a server somewhere, which in turn gets sensor data from a weather station somewhere near you. There aren't an infinite number of these around, but if you are in the US, the nearest one is probably within 1/2 mile of your current location. In that distance, it is very possible that the temperature is different, the wind is different, the falling moisture is different, etc. The app is not failing, it's just impossible to have infinitely precise measurements. If you need infinitely precise measurements, whip out your own measuring tools and test right where you are.
- William King
- 150.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Night Cat Productions
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Extra Accents $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.