The what3words app helps you find, share and navigate to any precise location.
We’ve given every 3m x 3m in the world a unique 3 word address. This simple and accurate way to talk about location makes it easier to meet up with friends, discover and tell others about amazing places, and explore the world without getting lost.
You’ll see 3 word addresses displayed by hotels, restaurants, travel guides and websites. They can be used in 20+ languages and are much simpler to remember, use and communicate than regular addresses. They’re also far more accurate and reliable.
Use the app to:
- Find your way to anywhere in the world, even where street addresses don’t exist
- Tell your friends precisely where your picnic is
- Always find your tent at festivals
- Tell your taxi exactly where you want to go
- Plan and share your off-roading or hiking waypoints
- Know exactly where you parked your car
- Get deliveries to a specific entrance
Key App Features:
- Compatible with navigation and messaging apps including Google Maps and Apple Maps
- Search for 3 word addresses or street addresses
- Save your favourite locations
- AutoSuggest feature prevents mistakes
- Available in 20+ languages
- Offline navigation with compass mode
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
We've added a new tutorial to help you find your first 3 word address, along with optimisations for saving a location and squashing a load of bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Feels so good to join the x% that don’t have an address
Having a domicile -an address, was part of the establishment, but honestly...how could we feel good about that when 60%* of the world don’t have a domicile. Is it just poverty that groups us, couldn’t be education -as I am bilingual, healthy -thanks God, at 70 and wanting to be useful to the world. Wa have left, shaken off the communications grid as even the internet is wireless (celular) now. Pretty soon electricity via super capacitors, solar and wind sourcing it will voids of all those wires, but where are we..... enter what3words! Hip, hip, hurray!!
Great app. Suggestions for the future
There are so many possibilities for what could be done with this app. What if you could connect it to social media and publicly share locations. Or you could look at the map and turn a filter on to view popular saved locations that are represented by different colors based on how many people have saved them. You could learn the popular places at a state park and go there without having to do tons of research! Keep adding on to this, you’ve got something good here.
Fun toy, mostly worthless
Requires robust internet connection. No pattern to the words - is ‘robust,internet, connection’ nearby, or far away? Is it even valid? If you receive a 3 word location, and it isn’t valid, what’s the problem - spelling or a misunderstood word, or even 2 misunderstood words? Requires secondary app to get directions - not a show stopper, but a pain to switch.
A solution in search of a problem already solved better by LAT/LONG. Sure, you could say nobody knows their LAT/LONG off the top of their head, but you can find it on a paper map. 3 words needs an electronic device and a connection.
- What3Words Limited
- 98 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Xhosa, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (C) 2017 what3words Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.