WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now see stickers in full size when you long press a notification.
Ratings and Reviews
1 Star. But wait...
It's just the way you have hard changed the notifications that is very unimportant and unimaginable. I miss the notifications from before this update a lot. Every time a message comes, it says Message. On the lock screen it says Message. No meaning lf from whom or which group the message is coming from. I won't know if I can ignore the notification or not. I accidentally open each and every message whether or not it is important. Why do you have to fix something that is perfectly working. The reasons you only would know! I am sure there would be lot of people who are not on board with this change. Please fix it.
Update: thank you for providing the fix for the notifications. But still I fail to understand why it had to be this way. As earlier it was working fine and now it has to be explicitly setup. The same fix, if could be added in update notes, would be helpful for all the users annoyed by it. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the report. To turn on previews that display both the contact name and message:1. Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Notifications > turn Show Preview on.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp > Show Previews > Always (Default) or When Unlocked.To turn on previews that display the contact name but not message:1. Go to WhatsApp > Settings> Notifications> turn Show Preview on.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp > Show Previews > Never.To turn off previews:1. Go to WhatsApp> Settings > Notifications> turn Show Preview off.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp.3. Turn off Show on Lock Screen, Show in History and Show as Banners.4. Tap Show Previews > Never. **Note**: In iPhone Settings, Show Previews and the ability to see just the contact name in previews are only available on iOS 11+.
If you are still encountering the problem, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us and write "App Store Review" in your description.
Million. Thanks to WHATS APP. !
On behalf of millions and Millions of global Users of WHATS. APP. I want to thank you to Developer and it’s organization for providing this Service, this innovative technology has made life so easy and worry less , Free services, where people are doing business, Sharing instant talk and sending pictures and messages, I would like to share my own experience with you guys who are using WHAT APP I came to USA in1985 there were no sophisticated tools no internet, it was very very hard to talk to people overseas , it was ver expensive I used to pay 60. To. 70 cents per minute, it was very hard to reach our people
Secondly, if I want to send photos it used to take 10-12 days or more to reach my family
And the postage was ver expensive too.
I am Reminding all our Folks that how Lucky we are using the WHATS APP TECHNOLOGY I once again grateful to What’s App Developer for doing this great service to this global community.
I have been using WhatsApp for more than three years now. Not only do I enjoy the fact that all of the phone calls are free, so are the sharing of photos and videos. Last last year they also added a “FaceTime” like application. Another wonderful part is how easy it is to send pictures and videos as long as 3 to 4 minutes without having to cut them. I also like that you can see when people have checked your messages or whether they are online. You can adjust the privacy of course but it’s nice to know. It is also easy to create group chats. Which is great for school and group mom chats for example where you will be able to send birthday photos or videos between each other. Although i live in the United States, I rarely use iMessage anymore. I strongly recommend this app. Also especially if you have family or friends who live abroad....
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 154.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.