WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now require Face ID or Touch ID to unlock WhatsApp. Tap "Settings" > "Account" > "Privacy" and enable Screen Lock.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for calling family& friends when they don’t have a iPhone
So this app is so good because I have a iPhone and I love in Florida with my friend,sister and kids . My parents live in New Jersey which was where I was born so they are living with the rest of my family. The last day of my visit to New Jersey I told them to download this app that I found in my App Store it was called WhatsApp. After they downloaded it my friend, sister and my kids (including me) was on the plane and my daughter turned on airplane mode so she can see my parents and her family and my parents didn’t have a iPhone they had a nexus player 3 and we talked to them for the whole trip back to Florida and my kids actually told me to write this and this is what my kids have to say about this
So hey WhatsApp creators your app is really good and I’m glad we got to speak to our grandparents because I was worried we would never see them again because my mom couldn’t afford to go back to New Jersey without her parents giving her tickets 🎫 so this is now what my mom has to say about this app😉❤️❤️
Thank you WhatsApp creators for making my kids and I happy and what will make me happier as if more people made app like this so love 💕 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕❤️❤️❤️ you and your app and I will have to call them right now so byeeeeeeeeeeeeee👋
Flawless but for a fatal flaw
This app would be nearing perfection if it weren’t for the horror that occurs when you get a new SIM card. This app is loosely catered to world travelers and yet every time you pop in a new sim with a new number .. if you dare to switch numbers in-app you will completely wipe out all of your connections , you’ll lose access to every previous group chat, people trying to message your old number will never get a hold of you unless you pro-actively message them. How about someone you haven’t spoken to for a while?.. someone for whom it’s awkward to randomly shoot off a message saying “hey this is my new number” ... for years I was working around this by NEVER updating my number so my WA number was tethered to a dead SIM card from a country I hadn’t even been in for years... anyone with my current contact info wouldn’t be able to find me unless I committed contact holocaust and started my WA life anew..
I will say though that the “reply to message” feature basically makes this the greatest messaging app in the world .. it boggles my mind that other apps actively refuse to add this simple and necessary feature.
I’m so blessed that I am living up to the age of 66 and can enjoy the esp. the phone facility on what’s app!!
Now we can use what’s app all over the world to talk with our near and dear ones. What to talk about overseas calls to use phone for local calls in India was a dream. Not everyone could have/ or afford to have phone in their homes.
And I remember if one home had telephone how all the neighbors in emergency used that phone. And oh! Trunk calls if the call was placed out of the city. Had to wait for the operator to connect us. And to call from USA to India was always painful because we talked to our family but constantly looked at he click as not to talk more than 5-10 minutes. It was pretty expensive. And now people are chatting for hours with their family and friends! Wow it is a blessing to have what’s App!
Long live and all our blessings to all the people who invented this App! What an invention and what a technology!
Every time I use what’s app to call my family I bless the person and technology who gave us this opportunity to do so .Thanks!!
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 137.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.