By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.41
• Pin chats to the top of your chat list, so you can quickly find them. Just swipe right on a chat and tap the pin icon.
• You can now send documents of any type. To send a document, open a chat, tap attach — document.
• When you receive multiple photos, you can now tap and hold on the group of photos to quickly forward or delete all of them.
Change the game
Needless to point the good size, who does't use whatsapp to connect with friends and family? What's missing huge time? Auto-delete media by chat! For iphone users like me, not being able to auto-delete media after a day or so the media was seen or auto-archive them to google photos, for instance, is the most annoying thing I have to manually do regularly in my phone. The only part taking advantage of this lack of functionality is Apple by selling more cloud subscriptions. People will eventually give up and subscribe to apple cloud for more space. PLEASE, enable the auto-delete/auto-archive configuration!! This is an inevitable upgrade to keep the app alive long-term. Even teenagers may start using the app when that happens! This is a win-win-win situation!!
I madly love and use it to communicate with my mum overseas 🤷♀️ but it has been long talking to her😔I have been off 1week now and few days because I have tried everything, deleted all my photos, and almost all apps on my phone but this app is not updating still I feel horrible about this.. I don't have any songs in my phone( iPhone 7).. i have tried to rest it but it failed to rest, tried to delete everything, erase settings now my phone is useless 😩 I need your help WhatsApp 🤷♂️??
Go too messaging app
I used to use other messaging apps back in the day before WhatsApp. Now all my friends use this app when they go out of the country or if they live in an area with bad cellphone service. Also, you can use it to send high quality photos and videos with no time limit...at least I haven't run into any problems sending videos. This app is the best messaging app out there.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 23, 2017
- Version: 2.17.41
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.