By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.9
• When placing a WhatsApp call, you now quickly leave a voice message if your call isn't answered, just like voicemail.
From point 4 my ideas, you can share yours!
1.This version has some bugs on the groups plus the previous conversations were removed from WhatsApp app.
2.Groups bugs are identified when participants sends media (voice recording, videos, photos or sharing contacts) whatsapp will be stuck and need to force closing the app and relaunch it again.
3.I was backing up the conversations through my iCloud but didn't works with the latest version.
4. Suggest to add an option for forwarding message to multiple conversations/groups instead of sending to one conversation/group every single media (video, message, voice message and image)
5. Introduce new notifications tones (group notification and single notification tones)
6. Increase the size of videos to be send
7. Introduce themes
8. Introduce stickers
9. Introduce fonts options
10. Introduce new features of adding someone else in one conversation instead of creating group, like inviting someone in a conversation to be 3 participants or more rather than opening/creating a group
11. Increase the number of group members
12. Enhance the image quality and avoid reducing the resolution while sending to others participants
13. Introduce new option of passcode (either numeric digits or finger print)
14. Introduce new feature that can switch off ONLINE status and not to be visible and get more room in privacy
Option to clear cache chats
I have had WhatsApp on my iPhone for more than three years; it is an absolutely great messaging app but it would be even better if you had the option to clear your cache chats from it and be able to download again from WhatsApp server if you need them in the future. I have an iPhone 5s 32GB and my chat history including videos and photos have taken up more than 3GB on my phone. I can't delete them because I am in 10 work groups and I may need to refer to them in the future. Thanks for your help
I think it can be the most useful and stable app but it has some personalizing issues. I do not argue why it has not got video calling because it is very stable in its own way but for example i want to change the ringtones of calls like i change the regular one ( although it is painful i can change it). Furthermore, i want to have different chat wallpapers for every chat. It can certainly be helpful about preventing from shooting texts to somebody else you do not want to. It becomes really embarrassing when it happens.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 2.16.9
- Size: 95.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.