By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages. First year FREE!* (WhatsApp may charge thereafter, current price is $0.99 USD/year).
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.*
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• WHATSAPP CALLING: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.* (Note: you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.11
• Links that you share or receive will now include a rich preview. When sending a link, you have the option to not include a rich preview.
• Additional 3D Touch features: You can now quickly Peek and Pop chats.
• Redesigned Settings tab.
• You can now view all your starred messages across all your chats in Settings — Starred Messages.
Things y'all need to fix!
First of all I wanna say, I've had the app for about 5 years and in general I've been quite content with it.
3 things tho:
First: It's really annoying that you can't press "send" whenever you don't have signal. Like, I get the fact that it cannot be sent, but I'd rather have a notification in the notification tab than forget I wanted to send a message. Every other messenger still got that, why not you guys?
Second: for a short period of time you could slide left on a chat and it showed you all y'all's media, now it's just "mark as (un)read". Being able to access your media quickly via WhatsApp, though, was much more convenient!
And lastly: please, for the love of God, finally let us send gifs without having to take a roundabout approach that takes up a ton of time!! 🙏🏼
Missing basic features
No self-destruct messages, can't save more than 5 photos/videos at once to camera roll, can't disable group read receipts, stuttering while downloading media, media play interruption once a background media download finishes, after cleaning up chats app still keeps lots of undeletable stuck data, can't clear all media and keep text chats (granular "clear all chats"), no iPad support (Telegram has it), no Apple Watch support (Telegram has it), goes paid after 1st year while Telegram and others are free, can't backup only text, swipe for media gallery shortcut removed, can't send/receive regular files (Telegram can), hard to view media gallery while offline, archiving messages terrible implementation, app freezes for 10 secs after opening app, no share/selection shortcuts on starred view, no background send from other apps (have to wait for the whole progress bar)
What's App keeps you in the loop
Whats App has been a great tool the last few days, while my son and husband are traveling far away for a hockey tournament. The whole team has been able to communicate seamlessly from multiple locations, making it easy to meet up, find "lost" kids, communicate meal plans, etc. Parents have posted photos and videos, so that those of us at home can stay in the loop in real time. The group is set up as invitation-only, which is nice. It's been very easy to use. I recommend it for groups traveling together who want to keep communications strictly amongst themselves. It would've been perfect for the conference I attended last weekend with a dozen friends.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 2.12.11
- Size: 52.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.