By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.16
Hey there' Don't really have a problem as I've just started using this but a lot of people seem to be unhappy with the latest updates. I haven't read much but why is it that Viber is free and WhatsApp charges a dollar a year? I know it's just a dollar but some younger people might not be able to pay or have access to the means necessary to make these types of payments (electronic).
Could you make it so GIF files animate? Sending/Receiving GIF files don't animate. Is this a app limitation?
Could you make it so that we can change the color of the bubble balloon text box? It would be nice if we could make them clear or even remove them altogether so that the backgrounds could be viewed easier. Thanks!
I just recently moved to South Korea because I have a military family. I was very disappointed that I could no longer text my friends. The reason for that being because it was extremely expensive to text someone across the country. I was told about this app and I thought I would check it out. So I did everything to sign up and I was so excited to get to keep in touch with my friends and other family. I was going through my contacts and I clicked a close family member of mine. I was expecting to only have to add her number, but instead I had to send her an actual text to invite her. I was so annoyed. Why would I send someone a text to invite them to the app, when the whole reason I got the app was so I could keep in touch with my friends without spending a fortune? It makes no sense. Please fix it.
This app is buggy and needs updating. I really hate that I cannot send a new message to a phone number. I have to first add it to my address book, wait for what's app to register my updated contact list, then send my message. Really annoying just to send a random one time or short lived text with someone like when trying to coordinate meeting up to buy or sell something. Also it's annoying that I can only see a persons name (if not in my contacts) in the lock screen notification. Once I open the message I can only see the phone number and contact picture. The organization of this app is terrible. Hopefully Facebook can dedicate some real app designers and developers to overhaul this app. As of now this app is lacking in a lot of ways.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 2.11.16
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.