WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Adding contacts using WhatsApp is now easier. You can enter a phone number and check if it's on WhatsApp before saving it. Tap "New Chat" > "New Contact" to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
1. PLEASE make it so messages in muted groups don’t trigger the little blue badge. If I muted it, it’s because I don’t care enough about it to go in and read every message, and that is the only way to eliminate the distracting badge. Please make the experince consistent. Mute should mean mute - no notifications & no badges. This is the only reason I don’t join any groups.
2. GIFs are not photos. Photos are sent to pass on specific information (ie: “look how amazing my trio to Mexico was” or “here’s a screenshot of the car mileage”) while GIFs have a totally different functions. They are meant to integrate a visual element to the context of the conversation without giving importance to the content of the GIF itself. A GIF is a conversation enhancer, not the subject of conversation. Therefore, it shouldn’t be buried along with the photos. Accessing a gif should be a matter of 1-2 taps max. Please make it better.
3. So often I wish to simply like a message quickly, showing the person I’m texting with that I liked what they said. Replying is cumbersome and dorky for this purpose (replying to the message with a thumbs up? Really?) please add a way to like a message.
Facebook ruined this
This app was once quite useful, but it’s caught facebook-messenger-disease — regular nag screens asking for permissions it doesn’t have. Also, after not opening it for a very long time (but keeping it installed, so occasionally updating to the latest version w/ everything else) it 1) sent me a lock screen notification, something I had *not* given permission for it to do, because 2) background app refresh was on, which I did *not* give it permission for either — again, it hadn’t been run in month! — and 3) the notification said I’d been added to "BAD BOYS 😀 AND BAD GIRLS" by some stranger; after I searched for how to mark this group as spam and block I 4) received an immediate request for WhatsApp to access my camera *while I was not using the app, because the same stranger had tried to vid call me*, after which I searched for how to block the stranger themselves… a foolish waste of time from a product that’s spoiled once the garbage people at Facebook had their way with it. This app and product are compromised. Avoid if you have any option. ...and if a Facebook employee is reading this? *Quit your job at that disgusting company before it ruins you. Your actions are objectively making the world a worse place*. F-.
FINALLY CONNECTED WITH FAMILY IN CHINA!
After 8 years of my cousin living in Guangdong province in China, we both agreed on which service to use. That was easy, as several of my family and friends had been using “What’s App” to make contact seamlessly, and without flaws!
China is a country with several restrictions, including many social media outlets, like Facebook and Twitter. But “What’s App” is not one of them. My first conversation with my cousin was on Christmas. Keep in mind I live in the PNW, and where my cousin is in China he’s 16 hours ahead of me. Normally we’ve been able to chat when it’s 6pm here and it’s 9am the next day in China.
I’m very happy to leave this 5⭐️ Feedback. It’s reconnected my family and I couldn’t be happier. Also note, there are NO hidden costs or fees to use this. There are NO time restrictions; such as a certain time that you must use this app to avoid ant charges. Again, it’s 100% FREE! It’s works with your phone’s internet service, a lot like iPhone’s messenger does.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 152.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.