By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.15
- added support for Dynamic Type (variable font sizes) throughout the app
- quick camera button in chats let’s you quickly choose a recent camera roll photo
Personally this is my favourite way of communicating with contacts overseas.
However, recently whatsapp has added a lot of updates that just weren't necessary and proved to be a nuisance.
First there was the instant voice recording button which you'd always end up tapping. Then there was the camera button that didn't really serve much of a purpose (if I needed to take a picture I'd just hit the arrow button on the left).
Now they've added a call button next to the profile picture. I cannot tell you how many times I've accidentally tapped on a person's profile picture, so tapping on the call button is going to happen a lot. And although a message comes up warning you of possible carrier charges, there are chances that you could also press the accept button, and get charged for an expensive, accidental overseas call.
It would be nice to at least have the option to choose whether or not we want the call button there.
Besides that, the only real other problem is that the app crashes quite often.
WhatsApp WAS the best.
I loved this app. It shows you when your friend is online and the time of the messages. The only way to improve it might be to be able to lock the app or certain conversations with a password, because anyone who has your phone can view your chats just as with IM.
I absolutely hate the way the messages are sent with this new update There is a big delay and it is almost better to use IM. The messages don't arrive to the other party in a timely manner the way they used to. Very disappointing since FB bought Whatsapp. I don't use it as much.
Needs additional features
Latest update causes screen to stay on forever instead of turning off according to system settings.
Wish it had live audio, like Voxer does. It would be nice if you could press the play button and have it play all messages, instead of having to hit play for each individual message. Be nice to have a speed button, like Voxer does, to speed up the playing of messages. Be nice to have changeable backgrounds, for each chat, like We Chat does. Other than those feature requests, it's a great app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 2.11.15
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2013 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.