By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.7
improve application responsiveness, increase speed, and bug fixes
make the app work again for iOS 4.3 and iOS 5.x users
I enjoyed using this because i really don't have a unlimited texting plan and there are some friends who are not iPhone users so this where it gets very useful! I do hope they implement the following ideas:
1- be able to customize sounds/message tones for individuals so u can know who's messaging you!
2- be able to tell (indicator) whether they have read the message or at least that it has reached their phone. A few friends said they didn't get the messages I've sent. So I don't know of messages gets lost of the connection doesn't allow it to get to them... Etc
3- I can be able to add a photo to their messaging like they do for phone calls so I can visually see who's messaging me. Otherwise to wait for them to upload their own photos can take forever and maybe for them is not a priority.
Other than that its great! Keep up the good work now they u are with Facebook! And hope u don't start charging fees to use it!
Lack of privacy
I have some issues & one major issue with this app. First, it makes you use you phone number. I don't like that. I prefer the apps that give you one rather than using your existing number.
It's not privacy friendly. This is a huge one for me. When I installed the app I blocks it's access to my contacts because I don't want everyone to know in installed this app. I don't care for chatting with them. Still, the person I least wanted rich at with was the very first person to text me. Even though that person is not in my contacts. It should have the ability be invisible to anyone you don't manually notify that you have this app. Preventing others from being notified that you have installed this app even if they have you in their contacts. Just because you have them in your contacts or they in theirs, it doesn't mean you want to talk to them. I'm pretty sure that I'll be deleting this app for good.
And what's up with the little tiny mic button/icon at the bottom of the screen? I hope that they'll make it smaller in the next update (sarcasm). May be in used to apps like TalkBox and Zello that have much bigger mic buttons.
More "Recently Used" icon pages, please
In general I am quite satisfied with Whatsapp, after more than two years of daily use. It is frustrating that messages don't always arrive immediately (and are sometimes delayed hours), so you can't rely on it for critical communication. But as a way to keep up with friends and family (internationally, even), it's terrific!
I use my smartphone for more communication all the time, and I find myself using emoticons more, too. But since WA has only one "Recently Used" icons screen, I that my "fairly often used" (but not frequently used) icons get displaced from that screen and I have to go searching for them through the long lists. If one or two screens were added to Recently Used, it would help a lot.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 2.11.7
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2013 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.