By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.8
- new wallpapers
- new privacy settings (Settings > Account > Privacy)
- bug fixes
Great Texting App but with one major flaw!
I like using this to text people who don’t have iPhones and who are not using the same service as me.
*There’s no support for iPad and iPod??? Why is this? Please add the support, or this could be a deal breaker for me.
+I don’t like how the two check marks show up even though the receiver has not read the message. The second check mark should show up when the actual message is opened. Just like how iMessaging works. I’ve had another user and myself try to send messages to each other, and if we both had the app running in the background, it showed 2 check marks at the receiving end, even though we both never actually opened up the app to see the message.
+When I delete my suggested favorites, they all come back after the app refreshes. There needs to be a fix to completely delete them.
+I’d also like to see a different colored icon. I don’t like that it matches the same color as the iMessage app.
‼️AN APP FOR THE AGE‼️📢💁📃
WhatsApp has a long way to go before it's really the ideal way to connect with others you truly know (or strangers once they add that) but for now the ability to "text" with internationals, that is, across national TelCo boundaries, is WhatsApp's most essential draw for me at least.
Add easily-enabled multiple device use, please! I'd like to use it both on my real phone and the near-scrap 3GS that I'll bring abroad.
Fantastic for overseas family
We recently moved to Panama from the US. Our daughters and I used to text all the time, which became totally cost prohibitive. With whatsapp we can now "talk" just like we used to! Even more important now with a new grand baby back in the States! Thank you, Whatsapp!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 17, 2014
- Version: 2.11.8
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2013 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.