By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.3
• Bug fixes.
This app is okay but not so great!
Where do I begin? I have had this app for over 3 years I have been through about 3 different numbers with this app and 3 different phones. I recently changed my phone and my number I couldn't get the information on my new phone when I download the app. So I reached out to customer service and asked if they were able to transfer my information over to my new phone and my new number. They basically told me that even though my information is still in that number that they can not transfer it over to me. I feel that if I can confirm my information what is the issue. I just got all my contacts and everything else transferred over to my phone from another app. I entailed that in the conversation with customer service sand I did not receive another e-mail back from them after that. I do not know if it's because they want to charge me after a year of having the app why they do not want to transfer my previous information, but I do find that to be unprofessional and unethical for an app. A lot of those numbers and people I do not have in this telephone because some are international and right now this is more of a pain than it needs to be. So good luck to those who ever break or lose their phones and want their information and contacts back.. 😒😒😒
Open it without linked number
I suggest to add the feature of (opening the application when there is no number linked to it) and browsing the old content. I set up the application on my new phone but I cannot access the application on my old phone because it require a number to be linked, why i can not access to my old images and chats on my old phone , it is good if you add this feature and disable the sending of content if there is no number linked to it . I think it is simple to add this feature in the coming update.
Remove the notification app
This is a wonderful app, I use it to communicate with my family around the world. I love the "time last seen" feature so I can tell when my family was or is on line
However please get a record button that you can push once to record and push once to stop recording instead of holding it down. Too hard to keep my finger on the button
Remove the notification reminder please it's annoying. I love the app, it's free and easy to communicate with family all around the world, keep up the good work and keep it free
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 08, 2015
- Version: 2.12.3
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.