By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.11
• Due to a bug in iOS 10, your notification sounds may not properly play until you restart your iPhone (press and hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds).
• In groups, you can now mention specific people to get their attention by typing the @ symbol and choosing someone from the picker.
• When forwarding messages, you can now send to multiple chats at once
• Ask Siri to send WhatsApp messages or place WhatsApp calls (iOS 10+)
• Answer WhatsApp calls right from your lock screen, just like a standard phone call (iOS 10+)
• A new Widget lets you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages (iOS 10+)
Loved it but
i love whatsapp, but since the update i've been annoyed with the app. my boyfriend and i use it to call each other, and i like to keep my phone locked during calls to preserve my battery and ensure my phone doesn't overheat. however, now with "whatsapp audio" if i lock my phone it just hangs up
there are also times where my boyfriend calls me and i never receive the call (it just rings on his end)
also, please fix the lock screen options!!!!! my bf called me and i couldn't talk, so i clicked "can't talk right now" assuming it would send through the app, and instead it sent as a text message and i got billed for it.
This is a great update! Another update which is
Needed is when i want to forward multiple pictures/videos. Currently you can send multiple texts if you hold on long enough and add photos or videos but if you just want to send videos or pictures you have to use the forward button and it only sends that one picture or video to multiple chats but not multiple pics or videos. Please fix ASAP
CallKit was the way to go (with a minor glitch)
I liked the fact that now WhatsApp is integrated in the telephony UI via CallKit. However if you are on speakerphone there is no way to turn off the screen (it does dim it when you are talking WITH the phone) this seems to be a glitch in the OS rather than the app itself: the same happens with Skype.
CallKit API should be optimized in the next iOS release
Other than that it's a fantastic app , I use it every day
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 27, 2016
- Version: 2.16.11
- Size: 119 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.