By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.13
• Now you can draw or add text and emojis to photos and videos. You can pick a brush size or font style by dragging left on the color selector. When drawing, you can also pick from two special brushes: the pixelate and color remover brushes. (requires iPhone 5s+ and iOS 9+)
• Group admins can now invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. From group info, just tap "Group Invite Link."
OK but not the best
Whatsapp used to be one of the best messaging apps, but has since been surpassed by others. For example, Wire has more features than whatsapp, including encrypted video calling, GIFs, recalling messages, and expiring messages. Wire also respects your privacy (doesn't require a phone number or access to all of your contacts data) and is now 100% open source. Wire has all the other features too like group texting, voice calling, voice and video messaging, and more, all encrypted, all the time, all free with no ads. Whatsapp has recently changed their terms of service to allow whatsapp to share your phone number with their parent company, Facebook, presumably for marketing and advertising purposes. Wire is not only ad-free, but they don't create profiles of data on their users and will never share your personal information with third parties. If you like whatsapp, then you'll love Wire.
This app is buggy and needs updating. I really hate that I cannot send a new message to a phone number. I have to first add it to my address book, wait for what's app to register my updated contact list, then send my message. Really annoying just to send a random one time or short lived text with someone like when trying to coordinate meeting up to buy or sell something. Also it's annoying that I can only see a persons name (if not in my contacts) in the lock screen notification. Once I open the message I can only see the phone number and contact picture. The organization of this app is terrible. Hopefully Facebook can dedicate some real app designers and developers to overhaul this app. As of now this app is lacking in a lot of ways.
This update is the worst thing ever made!
This update is the worst thing ever! Seriously! I have iphone 5 with ios 9.3.5 and the app crashes a lot! And when ir crashes it do not open again for about 5 to 10 minutes, no matter what I do! Please fix this! Whatsapp used to be awesome! Also, I can't draw in pictures and it is frustrating, I can't stop thinking about planned obsolescence and how some apps help this to happen on purpose…
I updated it again and it keep happening! Seriously you guys should make a update that work in all devices that are able to update it, not only for brand new devices! I am really mad with it, it just keep crashing and then it dont even open anymore for a really long time! Whatsapp was great, WAS, it isn't anymore!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 2.16.13
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.