By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages. First year FREE!* (WhatsApp may charge thereafter, current price is $0.99 USD/year).
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.*
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• WHATSAPP CALLING: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.* (Note: you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.7
Starred messages: Now you can tap and hold on any message in a chat to star it, so you can easily find it later. Go to contact info or group info to browse starred messages for a given chat. Starred messages also appear in their own section in search results.
Missing basic features
No self-destruct messages, can't save more than 5 photos/videos at once to camera roll, can't disable group read receipts, stuttering while downloading media, media play interruption once a background media download finishes, after cleaning up chats app still keeps lots of undeletable stuck data, can't clear all media and keep text chats, no iPad support (Telegram has it), no Apple Watch support (Telegram has it), goes paid after 1st year while Telegram and others are free, can't backup only text, swipe for media gallery shortcut removed, can't send/receive regular files (Telegram can), hard to view media gallery while offline, can't reply from notification (iOS9), archiving messages terrible implementation, app freezes for 10 secs after opening, can't list starred chats, no background send from other apps (have to wait for the whole progress bar)
Awesome app..but needs some fixes
Whatsapp is my number 1 used app on my iphone 6....but it has some real issues with the voice notes....the voice quality used to be perfect at the previous version....also it doesn't last more than 10 sec recording unless I start gently move my finger left and right across the bar...after sending it shows that my duration is 0.00...my last witnessed issue...that it has a little bit lagging..unlike the previous version...and please add that feature where I can take down my keyboard by just sliding...just like in the messenger app ...excepting all of the above the app is just great and workable...thanks team whatsapp
I thought getting an iPhone 6 would do the trick but I was wrong, plus the newest update made it worse. Every time I open whatsapp it freezes for 10 seconds before I can use it. And sometimes when I just enter the Settings panel it also freezes. Other than that, I have a chat that has loads of messages and over 3,000 media and sending messages and receiving from it makes the whole application laggy. Even entering the chat takes 5 seconds. If I'm recording a video (in-app) and I get a message while recording, the video comes out with a 2 second freeze. The newer the phone, the worse you make the app? Come on please make the app smooth like it should be on an iPhone 6, at least.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 2.12.7
- Size: 52.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.