By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.10
• You can once again set a text-only update in your profile and it's called About. Tap Settings and then your profile name to edit it. Thanks for the feedback!
• Play videos right away without waiting for them to download first. Videos will still be downloaded to your phone as the video is playing.
• Tap the new moon icon in the WhatsApp camera to better capture photos and videos when it's dark
• When editing a photo, 3D touch the crop icon to instantly crop the photo and fill your phone's screen
Pls bring back the contact list
We want the contact list back, it was easy and simple to look up the contacts in the earlier version, you have made it unnecessarily complicated now. If we really wanted to post our status updates we have other apps but honestly we stick to WhatsApp for its simple UI and ease of use..if u don't bring back the old contact thing I am sure you are gonna lose a lot of users over a period of time to other apps..you can still retain status update if you want but move it somewhere else and bring back the original look and feel of WhatsApp..your originality defines your identity, when you try to copy others you are losing out on your originality..I hope WhatsApp team is taking into account so many complaints and will bring back the contacts list.
Thanks for bringing back the old status now as the "About"
Please don't take away the new status update. I'm really in love with it. The only thing I need back was the old text status now as the "ABOUT" But please I have seen people complaining about the picture status update. If you want to bring back the contact/friends list please don't take the status update off. Maybe you can take away the camera button and add the contacts. Thank you.
Status update !
Loving the fact that the status update was put back but please please please bring back the old version where you can see your list of friends. The updating photos part is really unnecessary and if it replaces the part where you can view your friends it's inconvenient. It makes no sense to have the written status back and still have the picture status there. Please remove the photo status and bring back our list of contacts !!!!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 2.17.10
- Size: 139 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.