By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.42
• Pin chats to the top of your chat list, so you can quickly find them. Just swipe right on a chat and tap the pin icon.
• You can now send documents of any type. To send a document, open a chat, tap attach — document.
• When you receive multiple photos, you can now tap and hold on the group of photos to quickly forward or delete all of them.
Some issues, plus a glitch on this recent update
Firstly, a reviewer mentioned about the fact that a person not registered in your contact has the full name appearing only on the lock screen, YES, this is true! Why doesn't the name appear when you look at the persons info?
Second, on this update there seems to be a glitch with voice messages. If I sent a voice message that was 3:29 long, and then I send another one to the same person that was 0:07 long, it appears as if the voice message is the same length as the longest one I sent that day, which would be 3:29. How does this affect data usage??
Third, there must be a way to send messages to someone without having to add the number into my phone's contact list. I'm looking for an apartment and they're all reachable through WhatsApp, but why would I need their number on a long term basis?? It's just cluttering up my phone with numbers I won't use ever again.
Great App But One Recent Problem
This is one great app and it makes communication so easy and economical almost anywhere.
Thanks for screening out the spam messages that used to occur. Things are so much better now!
The one difficulty I have been having after the most recent update is that often, right after I send a message to a friend, the window freezes and I can't scroll up to see what I have written. It also doesn't allow me to send a message to anyone else. So in order to use the app again I have to close out of it completely and relaunch it. This definitely was not happening before, so can you fix it?
Compose msg not from contacts!
I really hate that I cannot send a new message to a new phone number. I have to first add it to my address book, wait for what's app to register my updated contact list, then send my message. Really annoying just to send a random one time or short lived text with someone like when trying to coordinate meeting up to buy or sell something. Also it's annoying that I can only see a persons name (if not in my contacts) in the lock screen notification. Once I open the message I can only see the phone number and contact picture. The organization of this app is terrible. Hopefully Facebook can dedicate some real app designers and developers to overhaul this app. As of now this app is lacking in a lot of ways.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 2.17.42
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.