WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Adding contacts using WhatsApp is now easier. You can enter a phone number and check if it's on WhatsApp before saving it. Tap "New Chat" > "New Contact" to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
FINALLY CONNECTED WITH FAMILY IN CHINA!
After 8 years of my cousin living in Guangdong province in China, we both agreed on which service to use. That was easy, as several of my family and friends had been using “What’s App” to make contact seamlessly, and without flaws!
China is a country with several restrictions, including many social media outlets, like Facebook and Twitter. But “What’s App” is not one of them. My first conversation with my cousin was on Christmas. Keep in mind I live in the PNW, and where my cousin is in China he’s 16 hours ahead of me. Normally we’ve been able to chat when it’s 6pm here and it’s 9am the next day in China.
I’m very happy to leave this 5⭐️ Feedback. It’s reconnected my family and I couldn’t be happier. Also note, there are NO hidden costs or fees to use this. There are NO time restrictions; such as a certain time that you must use this app to avoid ant charges. Again, it’s 100% FREE! It’s works with your phone’s internet service, a lot like iPhone’s messenger does.
Keeps spread out families close
We first found WhatsApp when one of my children went to school in Australia for a year. I was amazed that the texts were transmitted also instantly.
And as my children grew up and moved away from out rural city, being part of a group chat allows up to interact almost, but not quite, as good as if we were all in the same house. We’ve even had real-time, or near-time runnings jokes and ridiculous selfie-wars. I also keep close contacted with my family on the individual level. E.g., I send photos of strange foods to one daughter.
Further, when one of my married children visits with their family, or a few unmarried children come, I can make quick temporary group chats, such as July 2017.
I’m also a member of two groups for the women in my community. One is just for Announcements. So much easier than having to call everyone individually or try to keep a telephone-call-chain going.
The other quality about WhaysApp is making long distance audio or video calls for free.
Finally, and very importantly, this app runs circles around the text messaging service that’s already loaded on your phone. Videos load faster, and I rarely have a problem with the service. VERY rarely, like maybe twice in 8 years, if that.
The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is that you need to have internet service, and it must be on, to use the app.
For me, it’s worth it a hundredfold.
1 Star. But wait...
It's just the way you have hard changed the notifications that is very unimportant and unimaginable. I miss the notifications from before this update a lot. Every time a message comes, it says Message. On the lock screen it says Message. No meaning lf from whom or which group the message is coming from. I won't know if I can ignore the notification or not. I accidentally open each and every message whether or not it is important. Why do you have to fix something that is perfectly working. The reasons you only would know! I am sure there would be lot of people who are not on board with this change. Please fix it.
Update: thank you for providing the fix for the notifications. But still I fail to understand why it had to be this way. As earlier it was working fine and now it has to be explicitly setup. The same fix, if could be added in update notes, would be helpful for all the users annoyed by it. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the report. To turn on previews that display both the contact name and message:1. Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Notifications > turn Show Preview on.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp > Show Previews > Always (Default) or When Unlocked.To turn on previews that display the contact name but not message:1. Go to WhatsApp > Settings> Notifications> turn Show Preview on.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp > Show Previews > Never.To turn off previews:1. Go to WhatsApp> Settings > Notifications> turn Show Preview off.2. Go to iPhone Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp.3. Turn off Show on Lock Screen, Show in History and Show as Banners.4. Tap Show Previews > Never. **Note**: In iPhone Settings, Show Previews and the ability to see just the contact name in previews are only available on iOS 11+.
If you are still encountering the problem, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us and write "App Store Review" in your description.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 152.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.