By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.22
• You can now ask Siri to read your latest messages (iOS 10.3+)
• Visual improvements to the Calls tab, Contact Info and Group Info screens
• In the My Updates screen, you can now select multiple statuses at once and forward or delete them
• Support for Persian
Perfectly intuitive and utilitarian
Whatsapp is a perfectly functional chat for managing conversations with friends and family across multiple geographies, operating systems, and carriers. We find it particularly helpful when traveling with a group to keep everyone apprised of where we are going. And throwing out a pin of your location has saved us on more than one occasion when we didn't speak the local language that well. We find it also helpful to have a chat for the pet sitter so we can see photo and video updates of the animals while we are gone. And finally, because whatsapp is so easy to use, we can even use it with my parents. Been using WhatsApp for years and can't think of a reason I would ever stop.
Messages screen jumps back randomly to older msgs
I've just recently been having a recurring and somewhat annoying experience with this app. After opening a chat to read new messages, the screen will randomly jump back to messages posted earlier in the chat. During these times I'm doing nothing other than reading new messages; nothing is in contact with the screen. Sometimes this will also happen when I'm typing a reply; the previous msgs window will jump up to earlier msgs. I know it's not my screen being over sensitive b/c this doesn't happen with any other app. Love the app but recently noticed this. Hoping by leaving a review this small glitch will be made apparent and resolved.
There is little inconsistency about getting messages on WhatsApp for Mac. Best part is both the devices don't even need to be on same Wifi but just connected to internet separately also works fine. But otherwise its a problem if I don't pick up phone and open WhatsApp after every few minutes may be in half an hour or an hour it starts getting disconnected from net. While on the contrary every thing works fine, if I don't use any other Web/Mac client.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 04, 2017
- Version: 2.17.22
- Size: 135 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.