WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
- When receiving photos or GIFs, you can 3D Touch or swipe left on the notification and tap "View" to preview the media from within the notification (iOS 10+).
- You can now search on the Status tab to quickly find status updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Couple recommendations!!
This app has so far been very useful and reliable for me. I would absolutely love to see a couple features added that I believe wouldn’t be too difficult! If you can add a feature to give the option for speeding up the playback of long voice messages that would be amazing! I am getting this app to replace Voxer, which now has way too many bugs to even reasonably try to use for professional applications anymore. We use these apps to have a group chats active for our studio that we run. So far this app is very solid and working great, but I do really miss the ability to speed up those long messages, as we are using it primarily for voice since the subject matter we discuss in these groups is often too much to type.
Also in a group chat, it would be excellent if there were notifications right in the chat window to let you know who has seen the message and who has not seen the message, like the way Facebook messenger/Voxer does. I know you can access that information but it’s in a sub menu and not something you can just see at a glance.
Just thoughts and recommendations on things that I feel would round the app out and make it a serious workhorse!! Thanks for the great app otherwise!
So I decided to download this a week ago. I’ve used it in the past with talking to friends in the military because their cell service didn’t cover where they were stationed at. But the reason I feel that I’m finally posting a review. I had lost touch with a truly good friend 7 yrs ago due to me being in a dangerous situation and had to cut all contact with everyone in order to stay safe. But when I came out of hiding I couldn’t get a hold of my friend. For 7 years I continued looking on every app, social media, the number I had never seemed to work or not be answered. I downloaded this app on Tuesday to talk to a military friend once again and synced my contacts. & who did I find on here, my friend from 7 years ago. We talked and we both have been in shock and the happiest ever. Because they were looking for me too. But with all my old emails and numbers that no longer existed. If it wasn’t for this app I wouldn’t have been reunited with my long lost love & friend. Thank you WhatsApp! I have cried many times over os grateful that things like this exist because you never know, I might’ve never found them and it was by chance that I downloaded this app. :’D
Customer support does not answer emails. App was better before the updates
There used to be a feature on iPhone WhatsApp where you could hide the sender’s name, but still receive a notification and all it said was “notification”. That was a plus for me in terms of keeping my privacy but still being alerted of an incoming message. Since the recent updates, that no longer exists. There are only options on lock screen to 1) see the sender and message 2)see the sender and hide the message 3) do not see the notification at all. I have reached out to support MANY times to ask if they would be bringing back the option of not seeing the sender but still seeing the notification as “notification” but the customer support team either IGNORES my email or sends me the same message every time with the above 3 options, even after explaining EXACTLY what the situation is. Every time I write to them, I forward them the thread from before, either the unanswered or the previous reply that didn’t answer anything. Support still does not pay attention to my question. As a result, I have to turn my notifications to not show on lock screen. This app was way better before. And customer support doesn’t pay attention to what you’re actually asking them.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 139.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.