WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Introducing stickers! You can now download and send expressive stickers in chats. Tap the new "sticker" icon while in a chat to get started. You can also tap the "+" icon to download more sticker packs. If you'd like to create your own stickers for WhatsApp, visit whatsapp.com/stickers to get started.
• You can now easily search for GIFs right from within a chat. Just tap the "sticker" icon in a chat and then tap the "GIF" icon at the bottom.
• Consecutive Voice Messages will now play in sequence, so you don't have to press play on each message.
Ratings and Reviews
So I decided to download this a week ago. I’ve used it in the past with talking to friends in the military because their cell service didn’t cover where they were stationed at. But the reason I feel that I’m finally posting a review. I had lost touch with a truly good friend 7 yrs ago due to me being in a dangerous situation and had to cut all contact with everyone in order to stay safe. But when I came out of hiding I couldn’t get a hold of my friend. For 7 years I continued looking on every app, social media, the number I had never seemed to work or not be answered. I downloaded this app on Tuesday to talk to a military friend once again and synced my contacts. & who did I find on here, my friend from 7 years ago. We talked and we both have been in shock and the happiest ever. Because they were looking for me too. But with all my old emails and numbers that no longer existed. If it wasn’t for this app I wouldn’t have been reunited with my long lost love & friend. Thank you WhatsApp! I have cried many times over os grateful that things like this exist because you never know, I might’ve never found them and it was by chance that I downloaded this app. :’D
Customer support does not answer emails. App was better before the updates
There used to be a feature on iPhone WhatsApp where you could hide the sender’s name, but still receive a notification and all it said was “notification”. That was a plus for me in terms of keeping my privacy but still being alerted of an incoming message. Since the recent updates, that no longer exists. There are only options on lock screen to 1) see the sender and message 2)see the sender and hide the message 3) do not see the notification at all. I have reached out to support MANY times to ask if they would be bringing back the option of not seeing the sender but still seeing the notification as “notification” but the customer support team either IGNORES my email or sends me the same message every time with the above 3 options, even after explaining EXACTLY what the situation is. Every time I write to them, I forward them the thread from before, either the unanswered or the previous reply that didn’t answer anything. Support still does not pay attention to my question. As a result, I have to turn my notifications to not show on lock screen. This app was way better before. And customer support doesn’t pay attention to what you’re actually asking them.
Overall my experience with this app has been fairly well. But I have a boyfriend in Saudi Arabia; for some reason it does not connect very well over there. Or does not work very well. Every time I try to make a video call or a voice call it has bad connection, static, or just disconnects altogether. It has worked in every other country but I have been to or have friends in that country I have called and I have had no problem. Some of these have been Third World country some of these are bustling busy countries. It doesn’t matter it’s worked everywhere except for Saudi Arabia for some reason and this is the most important one that I need to keep contact with because my significant other is over there. So it’s very frustrating but over all this app has been well very good services and lay out the calling is free I can do group chats and group calls which is very convenient because we can’t do that in FaceTime and it keeps me connected world wide with all of my friends and family and I love it. Besides that I am just very unhappy with the connection over in Saudi Arabia. It may be from strict censorship in that country or just the app.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 134.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.