By WhatsApp Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.82
• Want to easily record long Voice Messages? When recording a Voice Message, just swipe up to lock recording so you can continue to record without keeping your finger down.
I have been using WhatsApp for more than three years now. Not only do I enjoy the fact that all of the phone calls are free, so are the sharing of photos and videos. Last last year they also added a “FaceTime” like application. Another wonderful part is how easy it is to send pictures and videos as long as 3 to 4 minutes without having to cut them. I also like that you can see when people have checked your messages or whether they are online. You can adjust the privacy of course but it’s nice to know. It is also easy to create group chats. Which is great for school and group mom chats for example where you will be able to send birthday photos or videos between each other. Although i live in the United States, I rarely use iMessage anymore. I strongly recommend this app. Also especially if you have family or friends who live abroad....
It’s a good app but here is how it can be IMPROVED
WhatsApp is a great way for me to keep in touch with my family and friends from around the world. For me, WhatsApp is the go-to app to text my cousins and uncle and aunt in India. The only thing WhatsApp lacks is a WhatsApp iPad app. Other apps like GroupMe have an iPad app. I want to see a WhatsApp iPad app soon. I know that the iPad doesn’t have specific features required for the iPad but there should be a way to have WhatsApp on iPad. I have tried to email the support team about this issue but I got no response! If a WhatsApp iPad app is out of the question, at least optimize WhatsApp for iPad! If there is no WhatsApp iPad app, I may have to delete my account. I would have given it five stars but insisted I have the app a four star rating because of a lack of an iPad app for WhatsApp.
Great, but last update...
Dec. 1, notification problem is STILL happening. What happened? 😑
Ever since the last update, there are times that I close the app and don’t get an alert or notification and don’t know anyone has messaged me until I decide to open the app. I couldn’t figure out why this was happening until I actually paid attention when I closed it one day. I noticed that when I swipe to close, which I always do, I’d sometimes get an instant notification that says “when you swipe to close, you may not get notifications” or something. What’s up with that? I always swipe to close, so why does it mess up my alerts and notifications on some closes, but not others? 🤔 I’d like to always get notified unless I turn off notifications, myself.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 2.17.82
- Size: 157 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.