By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages. First year FREE!* (WhatsApp may charge thereafter, current price is $0.99 USD/year).
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.*
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• WHATSAPP CALLING: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.* (Note: you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.13
Missing some simple and useful features, and some minor bug issues
Great app, use it everyday, works perfect 98% of the time. 98% because at least once a day when I open a conversation and press to type, the keyboard appears but the type bar glitches a little up, being practically floating above the keyboard and i'm forced to quit the app and reopen it again so it can show the keyboard and type bar correctly and start typing again.
Also, YOU SHOULD REALLY ALLOW TO FORWARD MESSAGES TO MORE THAN ONE CONTACT OR GROUP AT A TIME, INSTEAD OF HAVING TO MANUALLY GO 1 BY 1 FORWARDING. I write this in caps lock not 'cause i'm angry or anything. Just want to emphasize 'cause i would really appreciate that feature. And if it can already be done i'm sorry 😁
Another thing, it would be really useful if, when you forward a picture, it asks you if you would like to include the text or not. Or at least let us be able to copy texts in pictures.
I love this app, but...
To record an audio message you must continue to press the button down the entire message. A simple solution would be to add a feature so that you only have to press the button to begin the message recording, and to end it. This would alleviate hand cramping, and the very unwieldy you must hold up your phone to record.
I would also very much appreciate a feature that would save draft messages. Often times when I am recording a message, I will receive a phone call and the message I have been recording on what's app will immediately go into the trash. In addition, it would be nice to add a feature where you can record messages off line and send them once you are back in the land of service.
The quality of the recording on this app is bar none the best available. I love this app, and if the changes I have requested were made, I would would be willing to purchase this.
Good app. Better on the droid.
I have whatsapp installed on my droid and my iPhone. The app itself works great for messaging and texting. However, when I am talking to anyone outside of the country I either can't answer the calls at all or they drop or you can't hear the other person. So as far as a messaging app it's great. Using for calls; iffy. Now I wish iPhone was able to personalize more overall as a phone. I can add the conversations to my main screen with a shortcut and I can change up the backgrounds which I Love. But that is only accessible on the non iPhone version. But overall I do like this app and use it everyday.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 06, 2016
- Version: 2.12.13
- Size: 52.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.