Approach by WhenHub, allows geostreaming (i.e. real-time location sharing) for yourself and other invited participants as you approach a meeting, event or final destination. With Approach you can share and see location information in real-time, for a fixed period of time, and for a select group of people on any smartphone.
The map view allows you to see each participant's profile image and location in real-time. Everyone stays informed of arrival times without having to use unsafe text messages while driving. Approach can be used in many scenarios such as meeting people at a restaurant, driving home from work or vacation, tracking family members on a long journey, and monitoring kids on a field trip.
Participants who join the Approach have privacy settings to control their geostreaming or sharing contact details with the group. Users can also make phone calls directly thru the app to others involved in an active Approach. Notifications are sent as participants join, leave or are near the destination.
Introducing Approach Plus. Now you can easily use Approach with custom branding for your business. This new In-app Purchase feature enables adding of a custom business logo, name and invitation text. When your customers join the Approach, they get a branded experience, promoting your company and building brand recognition. For just a few dollars per month, you can get the same features that big companies spent thousands of dollars integrating into their mobile app. Try Approach Plus today and give your business the geostreaming edge!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Here is a complete list of Approach features:
- View participants geostreaming on a map in real-time regardless of smartphone platform
- Share invitation links easily using the messaging app of your choice
- Invitees who don't have the app can choose to monitor the person who invited them using just their web browser on mobile or desktop
- Approaches can be auto-started based on calendar events (configurable in Settings)
- Repeat Approaches can be managed using the Favorites manager
- Configurable notifications make it easy to know where everyone is and exactly when they will arrive
- Unlike general map applications, Approach is specialized for geostreaming and thus has a simple, easy-to-use experience
- Approach Plus allows you to add a custom business logo, name and invitation message.
- Approach can be white-labeled for your Business. More information at https://approach.whenhub.com
Monthly Subscription - $4.99 - Get use of Approach Plus while recurring subscription is active.
Tree Month Subscription - $13.99 - Get use of Approach Plus at a reduced price while recurring subscription is active.
Yearly Subscription - $ 49.99 - Get use of Approach Plus at a further reduced price while recurring subscription is active.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service - https://www.whenhub.com/termsofservice/
Bug fixes for Approach Plus
Ratings and Reviews
Nice Concept, But Glitchy
The concept is very cool, and the app works pretty well most of the time.
But it’s glitchy. Usually the glitches are dropped approaches, sometimes the app doesn’t let you even create the approach.
It seems like the problem may be overtweaking. Coders need something to do. You can’t have the continuity of coders experienced with the app, and leave well enough alone.
So coders tend to overtweak.
I think that’s what’s happening here.
Too buggy to use
Can’t signup with linked in, “an unknown error has occurred”.
It seems to take a lot of effort to get it going. If I want to do an impromptu coordination with a handful of people, I can tell them to fetch the app, which is fine, but then they have to pick a login, type in their Google account name, type in their Google password, give it permission for location, contacts. It's a rather lengthy process that may seem a bit much to expect everyone to do.
I'm not technical enough to know if this is all absolutely necessary for this to work. It very well may be for positive identification and privacy needs. But anything you can do to make the setup easier would be appreciated.
- CALENDARTREE INC.
- 114.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WhenHub, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Approach Plus $4.99
- Yearly Subscription $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.