Wheres The Cup
By JURYINAHURRY, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Holy Grail of Hockey is the most recognizable trophy in sports and travels the world 320 days a year. This application tracks where the cup has been, where it is going, as well as providing the necessary information to help give people the unique opportunity of seeing the cup in person. The map view visually shows the cup's location as well as the ability to show how close you are using the devices built in GPS capabilities. The historical view shows date sorted records with the ability to filter on all recordings in the database, future cup destinations, and professional hockey team champions. This application provides a view to follow us live on Twitter as well as proving feedback or simply sending us an email through the application.
- Map View (Satellite, Map, Both) of the cup's past, current and future destinations
- Ability to show one's current location alongside trophy location as well as distance away
- Tabular view of our database of recorded locations along with drill down to more detailed information
- Web and Image Views for related stories and images of cup destinations
- Twitter View to correspond with us in real time to share a location with other users and help us build our database
- Email capabilities to share with us a cup location or story as well as application bug and feature requests
- Metric/American measurement and Graphics configuration available
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Added last updated labels on the Twitter view and cup sighting history tabs. Added Twitter account not setup alert on the Twitter tab.
Not Worth the $.99
Great idea but there are so many issues with this. Timeliness of the data, quality (eg when you click on the cup to see the details it comes up with "Label" in all the places data should be), and features are missing (eg if you don't tie in a Twitter account on setup, you cannot do it later - it says to go into settings to do so but there is no place to do it). Again, great idea. I bought it based on a suggestion from a local paper after the Hawks win but it is not ready for prime time and is hugely frustrating.
This is an incredible app. It updates to the minute, and even shows maps and messages from people actually at the event.
I don't know what these people are seeing, but I believe that this app was worth the entire 99 cents.
I have not had any issues, technical or otherwise.
Don't waste your money
It doesn't live track the cup. It just notes public appearances and has an email function to tell them if you know the cup to be somewhere else.