Which Way Back?
By MNE apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
5 stars - iPhone App Directory Magazine (2012)
Save your location and let the big green arrow show you the way back there later. Doesn't require internet access, so it's perfect for trips to other countries. Gives you 'as the crow flies' guidance, letting you choose the roads, paths and shortcuts. Often you don't want to study a map, you just need something to tell you "IT'S THAT WAY!".
For iOS devices that have GPS and digital compass (iPhone 3GS onwards and some iPads).
1) Save the location of your HOME: wherever you are, this will point you in the direction of home.
2) WORK: wandered a bit far at lunchtime and lost your bearings?
3) When you park your CAR or BIKE, save its location and don't worry about finding it again.
4) In a strange land with no internet, no map and confusing signs? This will get you back to your HOTEL, no matter how lost you get.
5) MEETING POINT: Agree to meet back here in an hour, wander around freely and follow the arrow back again. If your friends/family also have the app you can all mark the meeting point together, or copy the coordinates and text it to them.
6) At a festival and your TENT is among thousands of other tents? Just save it and this'll help you find it again.
A map is also provided if you need to go somewhere you haven't already saved, or you'd like to refine a saved location (requires internet connection).
Disclaimer: Following the arrow blindly across roads is unsafe - always look where you are going and glance at the app when you need to. Users of this app do so at their own risk. The accuracy of the direction is only as good as the GPS accuracy of your device at the time of saving and going back.
What's New in Version 2.3
Updated interface to work with taller iPhone 5 screen.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 03, 2013
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Emeny
- © 2011 MNE Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.