WHIO Weather – Live radar, Closings, Forecast
By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Check out weather conditions in your neighborhood, LIVE. You've been able to enjoy up-to-the-minute weather coverage for Dayton, Springfield, and all of Ohio from your computer and TV for years. Now see it all LIVE on your iPad and iPhone!
**** SUMMARY Features ****
• Accurate and dependable weather forecasts
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Breaking Weather Alerts, including live streaming video
• Alert bar lights up for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Additional items added seasonally
• Twitter & Facebook updates from your favorite station
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security-like app. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Works well when it's updated
The daily forecasts are updated hourly and the radar updates every 5-20 minutes, but the video is out of date by a week as of the writing of this review. That video is 12 hours prior to severe weather that spawned tornadoes on the evening of Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Today is Sunday, June 4, 2017, and storms are coming in tonight and tomorrow. Also, if Brent Collier can do a morning what to expect throughout the day video letting us know what weather gear we'll need throughout the day, especially when kids are in school, then Kirsti Zontini can do one and quit giving us the weekend forecast on a Tuesday. Come on and get these issues fixed, WHIO!!
Heard sirens, app never updated w tornado warning
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 04, 2017
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 69.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2016 Cox Media Group, Inc. and Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.