By Eduard Schwan
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now anyone can easily make a wide variety of professional-looking word search puzzles.
Words... Click... Print... Nice!
Whirlwind WordSearch is perfect for enhancing your classroom study materials, making games for parties or special occasions, spicing up your newsletter, or for publishing your own collection of puzzles in a book.
With powerful features and a straight-forward user interface, you can create great-looking word search puzzles right away, and then use the more advanced options to design unique and eye-catching designs to surprise and delight everyone.
Many Features make Whirlwind WordSearch a powerful application!
* Choose from a wide variety of built-in shapes, ready to go.
* Quick entry of your word lists. Type them in or copy/paste a list from word processor or web.
* Pick a difficulty-to-solve, from "very easy", to "diabolically difficult."
* Create puzzles ranging in size from 4x4 letters up to 35x35 (that's a lot of words!)
* Work without a net... runs anywhere, no need for an internet connection to create puzzles.
* Save your puzzle word list files, and open them again later to instantly create whole new puzzles.
* Tailor the printing options to suit a variety of audiences and needs.
* Supports Full-Screen mode in Lion (10.7).
* Comprehensive User Guide contains tutorials, tips, and explains every option, gets you up-to-speed right away.
* Easily copy the puzzles directly into your own newsletters, worksheets, books, or other publications.
* A built-in spell-checker alerts you to any misspelled words in your word-list before you print.
* Double-checks your word list for accidentally typed duplicate words.
* Double-checks the final puzzle, eliminating randomly-generated duplicates of your words and "naughty" words.
* The word-search software quickly and meticulously builds customized puzzles based on your settings:
* Choose a "very easy" puzzle, and it will only place your words across and down. It will not overlap any of the words, and it will fill the rest of the puzzle with letters that are not in your words, making it easier to find the words.
* Choose a harder puzzle, and it will automatically start adding your words backwards and on diagonals. It will fill the rest of the puzzle with any letters (or only letters from your word list!) And on the hardest level, it will even sprinkle pieces of your own words in other puzzle locations as visual decoys.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Direct copy-paste commands allow you to easily copy the puzzle, word list, and answer key to other documents in one step.
* You can choose different colors for the title, letters, and grid-lines of the puzzles, to add contrast when adding your puzzles on top of colored or textured backgrounds.
* You can choose different grid-line sizes, from 1/2 point up to 4 points.
* Turning off the Answer page printing now also turns off the answer-key preview on-screen, which lets you "play" the word search puzzle on-screen without seeing the answer key.
* Re-arranged the user interface to be less "crowded."
* Removed "crinkled paper" background behind window, cleaner appearance.
* Completely updated user guide.
* The usual "minor bugs fixed".
This tool is GREAT!! Its fast, easy and convenient! I was able to create multiple puzzles for my classes that were engaging and challenging! Thank you so much for this!!!!
Fun tool for teachers!
You can create custom word searches for your class. Fun way to work on sight words, spelling words, and vocabulary.