White Lightning Trail
By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get ready for White Lightning, 200 miles of unique American stories told every day through Appalachian arts and crafts, historic town squares and the tales of legendary characters. The trail gets its name from the area’s history as a prohibition-era, Moonshine-Running Corridor, where rebels careened around the curves of “Thunder Road,” transporting illegal whiskey under the cover of darkness. Use this app to discover the hidden gems that surround Knoxville and the surrounding area from the edge of Cherokee National Forest to the Cumberland Gap and west to historic sites and stunning scenery. Customize your trail experience and share your journey with friends.
Let this app be your guide to more than 111 points of interest along White Lightning Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the White Lightning app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About White Lightning Trail
The White Lightning Trail begins in Knoxville and takes you through rolling hills and valleys along the path first cut by Daniel Boone himself. Dive into the stories of Civil War soldiers, country music icons, coal miners and African American pioneers.
Travel along National Scenic Byway: East Tennessee Crossing, with unforgettable views from atop Clinch Mountain. Learn the history of the Tennessee Valley Authority. Take in pristine Norris Lake and other beautiful bodies of water. Visit state parks and the small towns of Clinton, Norris, LaFollette, Cumberland Gap, Harrogate, Rutledge, Morristown, Newport, historic Dandridge and others. Explore trail points from start to finish, or try a few off-trail adventures in nearby places.
Buckle up. There's adventure at every turn on the White Lightning: Thunder Road to Rebels Trail.
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.