Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out why the world is sleeping better with White Noise. Features ambient sounds of the environment to help you relax during the day and sleep great at night.
Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sounds from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
• Apple Watch integration for controlling audio playback
• iPhone 5, 6, 6+ Retina display support with high resolution photos. Portrait and Landscape orientations.
• Record, loop, and share new sounds with total ease. Mix sounds together and create a custom playlist.
• Audio plays in background so you can use other apps while listening
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Use iPod Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Remote media controls on lock screen and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Generate custom color noises with Generator In-App Purchase
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Dr. Oz, Today Show, FOX&Friends, Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers.
DR. OZ SHOW: 13 Miracles of 2013
"Revolutionary Sound App!”
THE WASHINGTON POST: Smartphone Puts Newborn to Sleep
"For the next four months, the infant slept with his father's phone in his crib and White Noise tuned to 'air conditioner.' The monotonous buzz kept the baby sleeping soundly and his parents happy."
CNET: Apps that can improve your life
“Trouble falling asleep at night? A little White Noise might do the trick.”
HEALTH MAGAZINE: "Help you turn off your brain, fall asleep faster, and get the rest you desperately need"
PC MAGAZINE: "Since the sound of crickets chirping has the same relaxing effect on children as it does on adults, White Noise is perfect for taking things down a notch."
What's New in Version 6.1.2
iOS search improvements and lots of other minor improvements to help performance and stability.
I use this app every night. It freaks out sometimes, and I have to do a timer based setting rather than a time to wake up, but I deal with it.
My biggest complaint is the absolutely kluge White Noise Market process to get sounds that have been "downloaded" to actually BE in White Noise! I download them from Market. I go into White Noise. They are not in my list! I go do downloads, which brings me back to Market, I click Open at which point I'm still in the Market and the sounds STILL are not downloaded or uploaded into White Noise! I don't know if it is just me, but it is beyond frustrating. I still have no clue what random set of actions finally get the sounds available to me in White Noise.
My other comment is that the clips on the Market are very tinny (NOT Tiny) and do not give a good representation of the actual sounds. I've noticed it is extreme on ones I have downloaded (finally got into White Noise to hear) and they are much better quality without the cheap tin speaker sounds.
I use this app every night!
This app is perfect for one of those small speakers that charges your phone, for people who like a little white noise to sleep by. You can make mixes that suit your tastes, switch it up from time to time, and you can set alarms within the app itself to wake you up, playing music or sounds from your device, with "snooze" and "dismiss."
I recommend this app very highly, but the single drawback is that SOME nights (not all, maybe 1/4) the white noise itself stops abruptly for what appears to be no reason. This usually happens shortly after turning it on, before I have drifted off, and it's a quick fix... Just press your Home button, and the sound starts again, then go back into the app. It doesn't do this more than once per night, 25% of nights.
The paid version of White Noise is well worth the money. One of the only apps that I use every day without fail.
College and noisy neighbors can't beat this app
I purchased the full version of this app four or five years ago. I am a light sleeper. It got me through two years of college dorm sleeping, two years of noisy apartment neighbors, and even now in a quiet suburb I still prefer to sleep to the ambient sound of my favorite mixes. Even when I don't run the noise at night, I still prefer the gentle fade-in alarms to wake me up in the morning. You can combine multiple sounds and edit their levels, plus download new sounds which are updated all the time. Additionally, we rescued some abandoned kittens a year ago and they loved the "cat purring" noise - it put them right to sleep. Wonderful app, easy usability. I would recommend this to anyone for a better night's sleep.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 25, 2016
- Version: 6.1.2
- Size: 35.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TMSOFT
- © 2008-2016 TMSOFT, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases