Who Am I? Race Awareness Game
By Playtime Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fun and educational two-player game that teaches kids to think responsibly about race and diversity!
* Awarded as one of the top 100 products for parents, teachers and kids by Common Sense Media.
* Featured in Parents Magazine, CNN, NY Times, Slate, Wired and Katie Couric.
Developed by Dr. Michael Baran, cultural anthropologist at Harvard University, “Who Am I? Race Awareness Game” is designed to open a dialogue about human physical diversity and racial identification. In this game, one player selects a target picture and the other player asks ‘yes or no’ questions to try and figure out who was picked.
• Features over 150 stunning photographs of real people from varied backgrounds.
• Learn over 60 practical tips on ways to talk with kids about race.
• Raise kids to be confident and thoughtful about our multicultural world.
• Play over and over with new combinations of pictures each time.
• Builds deductive reasoning and communication skills.
• Two levels of difficulty.
Researchers have found that most parents do not talk to their children about race. They think their children don’t notice race and they want them to grow up to be “colorblind.” Unfortunately, that is not happening. Children are learning about race from a very young age. It is therefore critical that parents talk with their children about race. Taking the time now to broach these conversations will not only inspire productive conversations today, but will also open up a space for sincere dialogue in the future.
The “Who Am I? Race Awareness Game” is part of Interactive Diversity Solutions, bringing together art, technology, and education to get people talking about race in an entirely new way. Our goal is to make widespread some of the fascinating anthropological, historical, psychological and sociological insights about race – how race developed, how race is historically changing, and how race affects our everyday lives as it intersects with other categories of identity such as ethnicity, nationality, religion, and gender. By teaching about race in an innovative and engaging way, we are working towards promoting respect, understanding and empathy for all people.
What's New in Version 1.3
Supports iPod 5/iPhone 5
Adapted for iOS 7
Fixed bug that prevented the tips from showing up in iOS7.
Who Am I
It's a great game , you can learn above race, ethnic etc
I like to play it . It is education game .
Such a great tool!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 16, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Playtime Interactive, LLC
- © 2013 Playtime Interactive, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.