Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover amazing things about the music you love!
Selected by Apple as APP STORE BEST OF YEAR
The Telegraph BEST MUSIC APP OF THE YEAR
Listed as one of the best apps in the world by the Telegraph, The Next Web, The Sunday Times, Stylist and more
Where was this song sampled? Who covered my favorite artists? What remixes were made for this track? WhoSampled knows! WhoSampled is the music DNA discovery app that lets you explore the music connections in your music collection. Access the world’s largest database of sample-based music, cover songs and remixes, and discover who your favorite artists have sampled, or whether your favorite songs have been covered or remixed! It’s a truly essential music discovery tool for anyone into Hip-Hop, Electronic music, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Classical or any other genre.
- Go on a journey of musical discovery built around your own music collection. Scan your music library and discover amazing connections for the tracks in it
- Easy access to the world’s largest and richest database of music DNA, with over 270,000 tracks, 95,000 artists and continuous daily additions. Search for any artist or track even if it is not in your music library
- Beautiful, ad-free, clean interface. Simple and intuitive navigation makes music exploration easy
- Compare tracks side-by-side and listen to full‐length tracks, streamed through YouTube (where available)
- “Now Playing” feature – double-tap from your music player to WhoSampled to discover all the musical connections for the song you’re listening to right now
- Highly detailed information on any sample (sample timing, sample type, part sampled) lets you pinpoint where the sample was used and compare it with the original
- Share your amazing finds with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers
- Deep and unique music charts that show you trending and top-rated content as well as the all-time most influential artists and tracks
- Engage with the WhoSampled community from within the app; comment on and rate any entry in the WhoSampled database
- A host of other features and functionality including links to buy tracks from iTunes, personal favorites list plus intelligent contextual recommendations from every sample, cover and remix
Dig deeper into the music you love. Dig into the WhoSampled app.
What's New in Version 1.16
- Fix for a bug affecting embedded Youtube videos.
I love this app very much, but it needs a few improvements immediately. One, an update to iOS 8. Two, fix a lot of bugs. Three, fix the horizontal screen flip for videos. Four, make it stop cutting off. Five, stop making the back button disappear after I watch a video from a certain track. Lastly, make the app more like the website by including a browse section with the tags. Please fix it right away!! I would very much appreciate it. Oh I forgot, the app also needs a blog section just like the website.
Useful but needs improvement
I do enjoy using this app to explore music. It desperately needs an update for iOS 8 and the larger screens of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The video player would be much more useful if it played in the preview window instead of full screen, allowing the song to play while reading the info.
It's funny to see how many samples have been made throughout the years. The app is very informative and I love the ability to search through my own library of music.