By Kingston Digital, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Wi-Drive® App (1) provides wireless portable storage and file sharing for iPod touch®, iPad® and iPhone®. Wirelessly store and share your favorite photos, videos, music and files with at least three friends on their own devices simultaneously. Wi-Drive has the ability to stay connected to the Internet while accessing and sharing your content (2). With Wi-Drive you can store more of what you need and do more with the Apple device you love. View the podcast via iTunes by searching Wi-Drive.
- Multitasking – run other Apps while using Wi-Drive features.
- Enhanced File Management - Music, Photos and Videos file sorting
- Camera Roll Support -move photos from device to Wi-Drive
- Enhanced Music Player
- Playback controls (prev/play/next/shuffle/repeat)
- Album art (ID3) display
- Enhanced Photo Features
- Thumbnail and slideshow display
- Finger swipe capabilities
- Additional Network Setting - select Wi-Fi channel
- Local Storage - wirelessly transfer files to and from the Wi-Drive app
- Open In - copy and open documents (3) in other Apps.
- Email – email files up to 10MB
- Delete – delete files wirelessly
- If you do have DRM content purchased through iTunes, you can access the file via your Safari Browser. Simply open Safari, enter the IP address of Wi-Drive into the URL box, which is 192.168.200.254 and press Enter (4).
- AirPlay support for music and video. (5)
(1) Requires use with Kingston Wi-Drive hardware.
(2) Requires service, 3G not supported.
(3) Open In feature only works with Documents.
(4) Not all of the functions and features that are found in the application will work within the Browser and sharing may be limited to devices that are synched with iTunes. Rental Content is not supported.
(5) Requires an AirPlay compatible device.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
- New user interface for the Wi-Drive app
Solution to video playback problem
if your like me when you saw this product( the kingston Wi-Drive) the first thing you thought was that ill just copy all of my digital copies to this thing and play them off of that and they won’t take up space on my device well theres a little problem called DRM that has to do do with a copy/piracy protection embedded in the mv4 file which dozen allow the video playback which is exclusively stated in the online wi drive users manual what I’m going to try to do is first put the movie on the device and copy the movie from the device to the wi drive and see if that docent work
Some good, some bad
In general, this app is great and is easy to use. There are two problems with it though.
First, it occasionally crashes. This is annoying, but happens relatively infrequently.
Second, if you have local movies that you want to watch (i.e. You've downloaded them to your device from the drive) the app will absolutely destroy your battery. I just did a test where it took 15% of the battery in 10 minutes with the display on a pretty dark setting. This doesn't seem to happen as much when you're actually watching a movie via wifi. I suspect that it continues searching for a hard drive even when using local content.
Excellent For Movies On The Road
We are using the Wi Drive and app exclusively to watch movies while we are traveling on the road. We have had no problems with either the drive or app - my family can watch up to three movies at once, and there have been no glitches or drop-outs. The ONLY reason I am not giving FIVE stars is that the app does not allow you to connect AV cords to the iphone/ipad so you can connect and view the movie to an external monitor or TV....developers - can that be on the update list please???
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 19, 2013
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Kingston Digital, Inc.
- © Kingston Digital, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.