By Adam Wilt
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***Please read this entire description before purchasing, and contact me if you have any questions!***
WHAT IT DOES:
FieldMonitor™ lets you wirelessly monitor picture, exposure, and color using Wi-Fi-capable Panasonic™ Lumix™ cameras, Sony™ cameras, or Teradek™ H.264 transmitters. FieldMonitor turns your device into a portable viewfinder / engineering monitor usable anywhere on set — no cables needed.
Use markers to show safe areas, aspect ratios, and framing grids. Desqueeze anamorphic images from 1.33x, 1.5x, and 2.0x lenses, with cropping to several final aspect ratios. Flip the image on either axis for vlogging, mirror rigs, or low-mode Steadicam work. Load 3D LUTs to make log images viewable and modify image appearance (camera sources only). Use focus assist to help find your focus point (camera sources only).
View a waveform monitor, vectorscope, or histogram—or all three—to monitor exposure and color balance. Each ’scope is movable and resizable. WFM and histogram display Y (luma), RGB, or Y+RGB, and the WFM also shows YCbCr. The vectorscope shows 75% and 100% targets and can be magnified 2x or 4x.
With an iPhone 5S or later, iPod touch 6G or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later, or iPad Pro, you can also show a false-color picture with adjustable levels.
With a supported camera and lens you can start/stop recording, control exposure and color settings, and zoom or focus remotely. Focus peaking and image magnification can also be controlled on Panasonics.
- FieldMonitor talks directly to ”hybrid” cameras like the GH5 and A7Sii, but not to cine cameras like the DVX200, EVA-1, FS7, or F55.
- Sony A9 (and possibly A7Riii) cameras can be monitored only, not controlled.
- Audio is not transmitted from camera sources.
- Panasonic's Wi-Fi image resolution is limited to 640x480 or 320x240; Sony's Wi-Fi image resolution is 1024x768 or 640x480.
- Sonys do NOT allow use of Picture Profiles (including S-Log) when using Wi-Fi remote monitoring or control.
- Most Sony Alphas require "Smart Remote Control" app to be installed on the camera for remote control with FieldMonitor.
- Camera controls are limited to shooting controls: there is no playback or download capability. Use Image App (Panasonic) or PlayMemories Mobile (Sony) for those functions.
- FieldMonitor runs on iPhone X in the "safe area", avoiding the curvy bits and leaving room for the Home Bar at the bottom of the screen.
FieldMonitor fully supports Teradek Cube (100–600 series), VidiU, and Clip transmitters. Bolt, Serv, and 700–800 series Cubes are NOT supported.
FieldMonitor has been tested with Panasonic GH5, GH4, G7, GX7, G85, GX85, LX100, LX10, ZS60, ZS100, FZ300, and FZ1000 cameras, and should work with any Lumix camera that transmits a live view while recording when using Panasonic's Image App.
The GH3 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in remote mode.
FieldMonitor uses the Sony Camera Remote API and should work with any Sony camera listed at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/support.html#Sony, including the A5100, A6300, A6500, A7S, A7Sii, and A7ii.
The A5000, A6000, A7 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in remote mode.
The A9 (and possibly A7Riii) can be monitored, but not controlled.
Controllable settings depend on what the camera and lens will allow.
*** Please use Image App to test your Panasonic's remote-control capabilities, or PlayMemories Mobile to test your Sony, before buying FieldMonitor for use with those cameras! ***
Panasonic, Lumix, and Image App are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation. Sony and PlayMemories are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, Serv, and Bolt are trademarks of Teradek, a Vitec Group Brand. FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app; Panasonic, Sony, and Teradek are not responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose.
Camera Remote API by Sony.
What's New in Version 4.3
• Focus Assist!
- Focus-assist slider in the Image controls: add peaking to the picture to see focus more clearly.
- Edge mode (iOS 9+ only): an enhanced focus-assist mode for when focus is absolutely critical.
(Focus Assist requires iOS 8 – iOS 10.3.3, or iOS 11.2+.)
Like FieldMonitor? Give it a good review in the App Store: good reviews encourage purchases; purchases encourage further development!
Problems? Please contact me so we can fix whatever isn't working right!
Lost Connection After Latest Update
Was working fine with GH4, after latest update, fieldmonitor no longer connect to my GH4 while Panasonic image app still can, am I the only one with this issue? Tried all the regular steps such as restart WiFi, restart phone, restart camera, reinstall app, forget and reconnect WiFi.
Update 12/12/17 : Got support from Adam, much appreciated, since iPad mini 4 of mine still work, likely my iPhone 6 Plus is the source of issue, tried everything Adam suggested with no luck but really don’t want to factory reset my phone (last untried step, not suggested by Adam). Will try my luck again when Adam release his next update.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adam Wilt
- © 2016, 2017 Adam J. Wilt
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.