By Wallander Instruments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ TOP #10 GROSSING MUSIC APP IN 17 COUNTRIES ★★★★★
WI Guitar™ is the first truly playable virtual acoustic guitar app, as well as a professional Core MIDI guitar controller over Wi-Fi.
Based on revolutionary patent-pending sample technology, WI Guitar has the sound and expressiveness of a real guitar. Includes two steel-stringed guitars, a classical guitar, a 12-stringed, twelve types of electric guitars and a Core MIDI OUT guitar for using WI Guitar as a MIDI controller over Wi-Fi (Core MIDI).
Does this sound too good to be true? It is not, and we can honestly say you need to try this app to believe it! This is why we also offer a free version, for everyone who wants to try this amazing instrument!
With WI Guitar, you can strum chords as softly or as hardly as you like, with ultra-realism. Hooked up to loudspeakers, WI Guitar is the perfect replacement for a real guitar at the party, or even in a band. Use headphones to play your favorite songs on the guitar, or write songs, on the way to work, on the airplane and everywhere else.
As an artist or songwriter, you can even use WI Guitar as a professional recording instrument. Add beautiful stereo guitar parts to your tracks!
WI Guitar includes 12 chord buttons, and the action buttons add9, sus4, 7 and maj7. In combination these give you instant access to more than 150 unique chords.
PLEASE NOTE! THE OPTION "?" BUTTON BECOMES DIFFICULT TO PRESS WITH iOS 5, DUE TO APPLE'S NEW NOTIFICATIONS CENTER. WE ARE WORKING ON A FIX!
VIDEOS (also found on our web site)
Wonderwall - WI Guitar on YouTube:
Hurt - WI Guitar on YouTube:
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Strumming harder or softer also makes the sound stronger or softer.
- Pluck or strum closer to the board to get a stronger sound, and play further down on the strings to get a softer sound.
- If you release all fingers from the screen, all playing notes also released. If you want chords to sustain, press and hold the chord buttons while playing.
- Holding both the add9 and sus4 action buttons transforms from a major to a minor chord, and vice versa. Use this feature to also access the Gm, Fm, Cm and Bm chords.
- Holding both the 7 and maj7 action buttons produces an add6 chord.
- Hold multiple chord buttons to produce inverted chords. For example, C + E (or Em) produces a C with an E as the bass note.
- From the help panel you may transpose the chord map to any key.
- If you connect your iPad to the ION All-Star Guitar, WI Guitar will automatically enter a special mode where you can take chords on the neck of the All-Star! Also, if you hold down chord buttons in WI Guitar, the frets on the All-Star's neck light up, so you can learn how to play chords on a real guitar!
- If you want to use WI Guitar as a MIDI guitar controller on PC, please download and install Tobias Erichsen's software "rtpMIDI" from: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/rtpMIDI_configuration.html
What's New in Version 1.13
Fixed iPad screen rotation bug, introduced with the v1.12 update
please add audio bus and the ability to save chord groups
This is truly a great and expressive group of guitars. but where is lacking is that it does not have the ability to save your own chord sets so that you could program a song per say and save just the chords that go with that song also it would be great to have more chords then just the basic splits and 13s and 11s would be nice. sorta like garageband does you can program the chords you wanna play in the guitar however garage bands's guitar is not as expressive and it can sound really mechanical when strumming. also the addition of some effects would be nice. a metronome and the ability to record would be greatly appreciated and last but not least Audiobus and this would be a perfect guitar app
till then I gotta just give it 3 stars -- add everything mentioned above and for sure 5 stars
Nothing sounds better
I just did an extensive comparison of WI Guitar to a recently released competitor. The other guys are slowly catching up in sound quality and playability, but WI Guitar still wins hands down. The bottom line is that this app is the only one that inspires me when I play it and it is the ONLY one I would use on a recording... That is if I could actually send the output to an iPad based DAW.
The sound it amazing, I keep returning to this app and I must have a dozen guitar simulators. Now if they will add audiobus and allow users to configure the chord buttons and save our own set ups...
But the sound is the main thing and this app sounds incredible. Great dynamic system also... Very playable.
One of a kind
As close to playing a real guitar than any other app. That said, I know hundreds of musicians that are not interested simply because there's no
audiobus or similar support. Add that
and other things people have mentioned in previous reviews and you
will have gold.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 14, 2012
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wallander Instruments
- © By Arne Wallander 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.