Wickr Me - Private Messenger
By Wickr, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Privacy made easy with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends in groups or 1:1, share end-to-end encrypted messages, files, photos and videos with full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Privacy & Security:
• Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
• No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
• Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
• Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry. Learn more: wickr.com/security.
• Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is published on GitHub (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c) and documented here: wickr.com/security.
Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
Groups – Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
Shredder – Overwrites all deleted content on your device.
Team – The Wickr team is made up of security and privacy experts dedicated to providing a secure, private communication platform to everyone.
What's New in Version 4.16.1
Thanks for using Wickr Me and sharing your feedback with us! Please keep it coming!
- Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with ID Connect
- Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with displaying contacts
Screenshot notice and rename group conversations
You used to have a notification when some one took a screenshot, please add it again, also please add the option of naming a group conversations so it can be easier to identify the exact group where we can chat and send the right information
Great app and very secure!!! #1!!! However, unable to use with iPhone X!!!
Seems to be getting better 🤞
Still missing features from the 3.x version and has made good on promises to re-add several of them so far. Most of the recent updates have just been bug fixes, however. Hoping for more robust feature updates soon ...
Most urgently needed fix is the annoying 'instant logout' experienced whenever the user switches to other apps. User should have the ability to set a timeout for 30 seconds, etc. Long term: get rid of the video verification. It’s just goofy; no one I know uses it. What about just scanning a QR code? Something simpler.
✅ Tap-to-read (“padlocks” feature)
✅ Anonymous notifications
✅ Granular control of ephemerality
✅ Ability to delete conversations
⚠️ App logout timer controls
⚠️ Ability to delete profile picture
⚠️ Ability to delete contacts
⚠️ Screenshot notification
⚠️ Set default BOR/expiration
⚠️ Message read notifications
⚠️ Better user verification
— Previous 2-Star Review —
Still missing message-read padlocks. I hear those are coming back soon-ish? Also don't like that notifications now display the other user's name. Liked it better when it just said "New message" and not "Bob has sent you a new message."
— Previous 1-Star Review —
The app still has a loooong way to go before it will be on the same level as the 3.x version. Really hope those updates promised on the company blog come hard and fast. Otherwise market share will go the way of Sears and JC Penny.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 4.16.1
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wickr, LLC
- © 2012-2017, Wickr Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.