Wickr - Self-Destructing, Secure, Private, Anonymous Messages & Media
By Wickr, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Internet is forever. Your private communications don´t need to be.
Send self-destructing messages for free to other Wickr users anywhere in the world while leaving no trace.
Send and receive text, photos, videos, voice and pdfs that are:
- CONTROLLED - sender owns the data and decides who sees what, where and for how long
- PRIVATE - only the recipient sees your data, no strangers or servers in between
- PROPERLY ENCRYPTED - we do not have the keys, each message has a new unique key (ECDH521,RSA4096, AES256, TLS)
- BOUND - each message can only be read on the device it was sent to for added security beyond the math
- ANONYMOUS - we require no personal info from you, we collect nothing about you or what you do
- PROXIED - we proxy the IP between the sender and receiver
- NO METADATA - we delete attachment metadata (location, time, identification and edits)
- SHREDDED - Secure File Shredder forensically erases unwanted files you deleted from your device
- COMPLIANT - FIPS140-2, HIPAA, exceeds NSA Suite B Compliance (Top Secret)
- INTEGRATED - send pdfs and images from Dropbox and Google Drive
- TESTED - tested by Veracode, Stroz Friedberg at DEF CON, and now NCC
- TRUSTED - advisors include Brian Behlendorf, Whit Diffie, Cory Doctorow, Paul Kocher...
- CREDIBLE - featured in BusinessWeek, CNET, Economist, Forbes, New York Times...
- EASY - takes less than a minute to get started, easier than email
- FREE - save money on texting
- CROSS PLATFORM - message with Android and iDevices (iPhone 4-5S, iPod Touch 4-5, iPad 1-Air)
Wickr was founded in San Francisco, California by a team of security and privacy experts that believe private communications is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Today, that right is almost nonexistent.
Wickr flips messaging on its head, giving control to the sender instead of the receiver (or servers in between). Wickr is becoming the most trusted communication system in the world by giving power to the people.
Wickr uses AES256 to protect data and ECDH521 for the key exchange. RSA4096 is also used as a backup and for legacy app versions. Wickr also uses multiple rounds of SHA256 for hashing and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Encryption keys are used only once then destroyed by the sender’s phone. Each message is encrypted with its own unique key and no two users can have the same AES256 or ECDH521 keys ever (Enhanced Perfect Forward Secrecy-PFS).
Our servers do not have the decryption keys, only the intended recipient(s) on the intended devices can decrypt the messages.
We have made this app with the best available technology, but strongly encourage you only to send private messages to people you trust.
To get further detail about how the app works, please visit the App link on our website at www.mywickr.com.
Feedback and reviews are much appreciated! email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.1.0
- Native iPad interface
- Support landscape mode for iPhone / iPod Touch
- Bug fixes and general improvements
LOVE This App!
Are you ok with your service provider saving each and every txt message you ever sent on their servers forever?
I'm not. And this is where this great App comes in.
When you read up on how it works, you won't want to use any other messaging App ever again.
People should value their privacy, especially now a days.
I highly recommend this App!
The only security hole is that Apple does not allow developers to block screen captures and All developers should get up in arms about this. It is a major security/privacy hole in iOS.
One of the most well made apps I've ever seen. One IMPORTANT thing your team should add is a notification to others or complete blockage of screenshots taken while using the app (like snapchat). This would make it even more secure. Also, it would be nice to see how well the secure shredder is working in the background somehow, like i would see which files it is shredding and maybe be able to choose? Just a suggestion :) Thank you for putting this app out there!
Finally supports landscape view!
Finally supports landscape view!
This app saved me from the police seeing my messages. After having my privacy violated I'm glad I got I keep at least something to myself.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wickr, LLC
- © 2013, Wickr Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.