Privacy is made easy for everyone with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends 1:1 or in groups - now with fully encrypted voice calling, voice memos - new additions to the trusted end-to-end secure sharing of files, images, and videos. Take full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Users Trust Wickr Me for Their Most Critical Communications:
On Privacy & Security:
- Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
- No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
- Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
- Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry. Learn more: wickr.com/security.
- Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
- Shredder – overwrites all deleted Wickr content on your device.
On Ephemerality & Crypto Policies:
- Open source code for transparency and audit by the crypto community and open for audit.
- Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
- Device-to-device encryption - each message, file, and call (each 512 packets) are encrypted with a new key so it's near impossible to break.
- Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is available here: (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c) and documented here: wickr.com/security.
At Wickr our mission is to provide a secure communication platform trusted by individuals, teams, and corporations, across industries, sizes and scale, to manage their most valuable communications. Wickr Me, our free (ad-free) flagship app, is the most trusted and secure messenger platform, powered by the world’s most advanced multi-layered encryption and ephemerality trusted by millions of users worldwide. For Wickr’s full secure communications line-up, visit wickr.com/all-products.
Are your VOIP calls blocked by the wifi in your neighborhood coffee shop? With our new TCP calling fallback feature, secure voice calls are now smooth and seamless! Wickr makes connecting with friends and family easy and secure while you’re on the go!
Newly Released Features:
* Enable TCP Calling in settings to make Wickr calls (If a wifi network is blocking UDP calling)
* General enhancements
* Infrastructure optimizations
* Avatar UI enhancement Avatar red halo status ring removed - now you can simply click/tap on a User’s avatar to check their in/out-of-network status.
* Seamlessly switch between devices while on a call
* Calling UI Button enhancement
* Updated copy for notifications for Rooms, Convos and @mentions
* Updated UI for registration/login
* Group conversations hide your name from convo name
* On-Hold calling feature. While on a Wickr Call, accept a regular/Voip call and your Wickr call will automatically go On-Hold and return to Wickr after regular call ends.
* Longer in-App video’s messages
* Search for follow-up on starred messages, files, and images is now available in rooms and convos!
* How to star messages: swipe left to star/delete/recall a message or file
* Seamlessly switch between Bluetooth, Speaker and Earpiece while on a call
* Screenshot Detection
* Secure 1:1 Calls
* Secure Voice Memos
Wickr Me - trusted by millions worldwide to secure the most critical communications.
We love hearing from our users, especially when you request features! Keep the feedback coming!
Ratings and Reviews
Bring Back Secure Shred
I was initially excited to see the new revamped app hit the market, but then I discovered that the most useful feature—Secure Shred—had not only had its manual functionality removed, but also now only focused on erasing/sanitizing the data related to Wickr messaging. While it’s nice to think that’s running in the background, the app eventually times out and the screen lock comes on (which effectively shuts down the app) while waiting for the background shred to work. Manual controls allowed not only the ability to monitor progress of the operation, but also allowed users to see the before and after effects the shred had on available storage.
Please bring back the manual controls and the functionality that allows you to permanently overwrite/erase/shred deleted files (other than those are tied to Wickr specifically)! Wickr held a perfect spot in the App Store for this use case, and now it’s hard to find a suitable (and trusted) replacement.
No Reason At All not to be 5 *’s
Here’s the only few flaws.
Apps such as signal allow the user to set an expiration timer in which is programmed per user for ever. EVEN AFTER HE USER DELETED THE MESSAGE THREAD.
On wickr unfortunately it will reset every time you delete a thread.
That being said if you want the messages to expire within a certain time that you say happen to have left it as. The chances are if you deleted the thread you now will have a message that won’t expire for 5-6 days.
Where as in the app “Signal” it will remember if you had a 1-3 hour expiration or a whole day.
The thing about this is when you communicate on a large scale it’s nonsense to keep all the open threads.
But when starting a new conversation with someone the following day it’s now once again on a 5 day expiration because you may forget to reset it.
Obviously signal wants your real phone number to use it which is dumb.
Wickr is an excellent app.
If they could please program it to expire where you left it the last time I would feel along with others who I’ve spoken to would all feel more secure about using “Wickr” to communicate.
Thank you guys for making such an App possible.
It is important even if not say breaking the law that people have their privacy.
Need default BOR (burn on read) and expiration timer. It would allow the user to have basic destruct timer settings for any new message threads, otherwise the default settings are a 30 day expiration and no BOR. Also need to be able to recall messages anytime before it expires, not during the BOR countdown. For some reason the BOR counts down immediately on the senders device, even though the actual expiration may be set much longer. The good news is, even if you don’t set the burn on read, and the destruct settings remain on the 30 day default, you can still recall the message at anytime, even after it’s been read. Just be sure you hit “recall” and not “delete” which only deletes it from the senders device.
- Wickr, LLC
- 162.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012-2018, Wickr Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.