Wickr Me - Private Messenger
By Wickr, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Privacy made easy with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends in groups or 1:1, share end-to-end encrypted messages, files, photos and videos with full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Privacy & Security:
• Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
• No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
• Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
• Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry. Learn more: wickr.com/security.
• Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is published on GitHub (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c) and documented here: wickr.com/security.
Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
Groups – Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
Shredder – Overwrites all deleted content on your device.
Team – The Wickr team is made up of security and privacy experts dedicated to providing a secure, private communication platform to everyone.
What's New in Version 4.5.4
Thanks for using Wickr Me and sharing your feedback with us! Please keep it coming!
The most requested features are coming with this version:
* Tap to unlock messages: By default each incoming message is locked for stronger privacy protection. You can automatically unlock new messages in Wickr Settings>Unlock Messages.
* Anonymous notifications for incoming messages: By default, notifications for each new message do not show senders’ name. You can change this in Wickr Settings>Notifications
Fixed an issue some users were experiencing logging into Wickr Me
Great updates to great app
The app has an even better UI than before the update! Love all the recent updates. I didn't care for some of the features that were removed, but glad you put them back to appease the people who have been complaining
Issues & Removed Features
Contacts do not have a delete button, only a block button! Deleting and blocking are different functions for different purposes. When a contact is blocked instead of deleted, the contact is added to the Block List. By doing this, the Block List becomes a log of contacts and contradicts Wickr's website statement that "Your personal conversations and data are always ephemeral..." (This is the reason for the one-star rating by itself!)
The Expiration and Burn-On-Read Timers must be set for every conversation. There is no setting for default timers!
⚠️ Coming soon according to Wickr, a Burn-On-Read Timer global option...
• Screenshot Notifications
⚠️ Coming soon according to Wickr...
• Message Locks
✅ Corrected as of version 4.5.4.
I hate it when updates take things away. Not having the option to share audio is really a step backwards. The age of technology shouldn't force us to be less human. I enjoy hearing the voice of people I talk to. It was one of my favorite options in this app. It has also crashed on me a couple of times already. At this time I'm simply uncertain if I like anything about this new update. I mean I know you are trying to make it better ... I guess I'd deal with it better if you didn't take away an option I really enjoyed. Please give us audio sharing back. Thank you.
Oh and having to manually log out from my profile is another step that's a bit annoying. I always just closed the page and was automatically logged out. It was quick and simple.
Update ... I don't get badge app notifications if I'm not logged into the app. I always log out when I'm done talking. So basically I have to periodically log in now just to see if someone left me a message. That really needs to be fixed. Thank you.
Update .... Every time there is a new update I keep hoping you will have fixed the badge app notification. It only works if I'm logged in. I don't stay logged in. It's frustrating that I have to log in periodically just to see if someone messaged me. Can you please please fix that. Thank you.
Thank you for the recent update ... Appreciate the locked messages though I miss the little padlock icon. Ok though was hoping you had fixed the badge app notifications. Only works while logged in. Before the NEW Wickr I got badge app notifications while logged out. This is important to me and made using this app a whole lot better. Really is annoying that I have to log in just to see if I have a message. Can you please please fix that. Thank you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 22, 2017
- Version: 4.5.4
- Size: 109 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wickr, LLC
- © 2012-2017, Wickr Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.