Allows you to block spammers using phone number prefixes. Forget about unwanted calls, SMS and MMS, and spammers spoofing tricks.
No subscriptions, no in-app purchases, pay once and use for any ranges you need!
Now the app supports blocking up to 40,000,000 phone numbers!
WideProtect was mentioned on:
- Mac Geek Gab Podcast (https://www.macobserver.com/show/mac-geek-gab)
- LifeHacker (https://lifehacker.com)
Don't forget to give permissions:
- to block numbers to all 20 WideProtect extensions through iPhone Settings: Phone: Call Blocking & Identification.
- to filter SMS and MMS to WideProtect extension through iPhone Settings: Messages: Unknown & Spam.
The app requires iPhone 5s and higher, iOS 10 and higher (iOS 11 for SMS and MMS blocking).
Please write email to me (email@example.com) in case of some troubles or questions. Thank you all!
- Do not remove the app from iPhone memory while it's updating blocking list - but you can do it after updating.
- Blocked calls may be forwarded to voicemail, as it works on mobile operator side (contact your mobile operator for details).
- If you use 'Do Not Disturb' mode, blocked calls may appear silently on Home screen and in Recently list - to avoid it disable DND mode.
- Sometimes iOS does not display WideProtect extensions in iPhone Settings immediately - in this case just add needed prefix to the app, then wait for 1-2 minutes, and then go to iPhone Settings.
Small UI changes
Ratings and Reviews
You one star people...
I have to guess that maybe you are forgetting to let app reload extensions as it directs you to at top and by overlooking that, you think it has stopped working but you have maybe overlooked one of the two things the user must do to allow the app to do the job you direct it to. If you see this... and realize this, hopefully you give the app credit and appropriate rating because this app needs to stick around - it let me allow my phone to ring again when i get a call - prior to this i was forced to keep it silent which led to additional annoyance (beyond robo-stalkers themselves and their invasion) of phone tag or missing calls in general that i would like to have had opportunity to answer which robo-scum out there just impossible, i had to silence phone always.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review!
It actually works!!
I have tried so many spam call blockers and none of them did what I wanted; which was block entire zip codes. I was skeptical that wide protect would actually work, and it does, quite well. No more neighborhood spoof calls and no more obscure towns like wibley, Kansas calling me. Zip codes blocked!!! When they get hip to the block and call from another zip; I block it too!!! Only downside is that all those numbers add up quick when blocking entire zips, you get a max of 30,000,000, I think. Sounds like a lot, but if you use it as I have, that will cap off pretty quickly. Otherwise, I would give this app 6 stars if I could !!! Thank you Devs of wide protect !!!!
This is the only app review I’ll probably ever take the time to write, but I just had to give major props to WideProtect. I was getting multiple spam calls a day, always spoofing a number similar to my own, and it was driving me absolutely insane. Since setting up WideProtect, this has been instantly reduced to maybe one spam call making it through every couple of weeks (which iOS is able to identify as a scam since it’s not spoofing). I’m pretty sure this simple, yet master fully implemented app has actually lowered my blood pressure. Thanks for creating this fantastic call blocker.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear that the app is helping you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.