Allows you to block spammers using phone number prefixes. Forget about unwanted calls, SMS and MMS, and spammers spoofing tricks.
No subscriptions, no in-app purchases, pay once and use for any ranges you need!
Now the app supports blocking up to 40,000,000 phone numbers!
Don't forget to give permissions:
- to block numbers to all 20 WideProtect extensions through iPhone Settings: Phone: Call Blocking & Identification.
- to filter SMS and MMS to WideProtect extension through iPhone Settings: Messages: Unknown & Spam.
The app requires iPhone 5s and higher, iOS 10 and higher (iOS 11 for SMS and MMS blocking).
Please write email to me (email@example.com) in case of some troubles or questions. Thank you all!
- blocked calls may be forwarded to voicemail, as it works on mobile operator side (contact your mobile operator for details).
- if you use 'Do Not Disturb' mode, blocked calls may appear silently on Home screen and in Recently list - to avoid it disable DND mode.
- sometimes iOS does not display WideProtect extensions in iPhone Settings immediately - in this case just add needed prefix to the app, then wait for 1-2 minutes, and then go to iPhone Settings.
- Now the app can block up to 40 million numbers!
- Added ability to sort prefixes in numerical order
- Other visual improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It actually works!!
I have tried so many spam call blockers and none of them did what I wanted; which was block entire zip codes. I was skeptical that wide protect would actually work, and it does, quite well. No more neighborhood spoof calls and no more obscure towns like wibley, Kansas calling me. Zip codes blocked!!! When they get hip to the block and call from another zip; I block it too!!! Only downside is that all those numbers add up quick when blocking entire zips, you get a max of 30,000,000, I think. Sounds like a lot, but if you use it as I have, that will cap off pretty quickly. Otherwise, I would give this app 6 stars if I could !!! Thank you Devs of wide protect !!!!
Thank you so much! It's so nice to have happy customers!
This is the only app review I’ll probably ever take the time to write, but I just had to give major props to WideProtect. I was getting multiple spam calls a day, always spoofing a number similar to my own, and it was driving me absolutely insane. Since setting up WideProtect, this has been instantly reduced to maybe one spam call making it through every couple of weeks (which iOS is able to identify as a scam since it’s not spoofing). I’m pretty sure this simple, yet master fully implemented app has actually lowered my blood pressure. Thanks for creating this fantastic call blocker.
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear that the app is helping you!
Working nights in a different time zone than where my phone number was initially set up, I frequently receive calls at the equivalent of midnight for my slumber cycle; I was hopeful after seeing the reviews this app received, and since installing, have not been troubled since. Thank you so much!!! I had previously exhausted every other method to try and stop the calls; enrolling in Do Not Call lists, attempting to get the names of the establishments reaching out to me, etc. Thank you so much; please let me know the best way to make a donation to you.
Thank you for your so nice review! No donations, I'm happy that you bought and are using the app! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.