By Widex A/S
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Connect to your BEYOND hearing aid, stream sound, and control hearing aid functions. With a customizable interface, users can insert their own photos and make adjustments to the sound in personalized programs.
With the BEYOND app you can:
• Adjust hearing aid volume and mute hearing aids
• Control streaming volume from your phone
• Adjust directional focus to aid listening
• Create personal programs with preferred names, your own photos and sound adjustments
• Choose favourite programs to appear on the front page
• Add locations to programs for automatic selection when in specific locations
• Adjust the sound equalization in up to three bands, or choose from sound pre-sets
• Access help in using the app, connecting and troubleshooting
• Locate your hearing aids if they are lost
WIDEX BEYOND and the WIDEX BEYOND APP is compatible with the following devices or newer: iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini with Retina display, iPod touch 6th generation using iOS 10. WIDEX BEYOND APP is optimized for iPhone 5S and newer iPhones. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S and other countries.
Product number: 5 300 0009 001
What's New in Version 1.2.0
* New firmware version 4.12.0001 that improves connectivity with iOS 11
* Improved APP performance and responsiveness – including Apple Watch
* Several bug fixes
Hearing aids are fine but app is NOT good
I read all these comments and I agree with several customers that the app simply is not working well. I have had the aids for over a year, I am very technical and have talked to tech support at Widex and tried all the different settings in the iPhone per their instructions and that does NOT change the fact the there is no consistency on how the streaming works. I purchased these aids because I am on the phone streaming to my phone and like to stream music too. If you want to use this feature and are on the phone a lot, don get these aids. I have offered to Widex to be part of a working group with their app developers but no response. I want so much for the connection with my iPhone, car, etc to work so I can hear! I have to visit the retailer that sold these to me so he can wipe and reprogram the aids every few months and that seams to help with the streaming stability but not for too long.
I can make the app work just fine at home. That’s not when I need special programs. At choir practice last night: couldn’t open the app even though my church has wireless. At lunch today: sorry, the waiter said, we do not have wireless connection. Traveling through the foothills and mountains of Virginia: no connection. At the Hotel I connected successfully with wireless but my Widex tried and tried and I have been unable to get a connection. Bottom line: special features do no good if you cannot get them when you need them.
Still having streaming issues
Streaming quality is still erratic. I can get it to work better my keeping the iPhone off 2.4ghz WiFi and putting my Apple Watch in Airplane/Flight Mode. The hearing aids want the 2.4ghz spectrum all to themselves. Since Bluetooth uses 2.4ghz I can’t stream and have my Apple Watch connected simultaneously because it uses Bluetooth. For what the hearing aids cost they should work much better than they do or don’t claim they meet “Made for iPhone “ specifications.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 68.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Widex A/S
- © 2017 Widex A/S
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.