WiFi Explorer Lite is a wireless network discovery tool that can help you identify channel conflicts and basic configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity or performance of your home or office Wi-Fi network.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax networks
For advanced scanning, monitoring and troubleshooting of wireless networks, consider WiFi Explorer.
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
• Added support for Mist AP names.
• Added ability to filter by channel range. You can now use, for example, the filter expression 36-48 to display only the networks configured on channels 36, 40, 44 or 48.
• Fixed appearance of checkboxes and other UI components when using dark mode in macOS Mojave 10.14.
• Other minor UI tweaks and enhancements.
If you find WiFi Explorer Lite useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Ratings and Reviews
This is exactly what I was looking for.
I found out why I was having internet problems it seems I was always cluttered with someone else’s WiFi I hade no idea till I got this app....
My suggestion is don’t use the WiFi auto setting. Get this app figure out what channel is best to use and always check up. 👍🏻
Works perfectly. Surprisingly, our wifi was set to auto detect the best channel but always picked the one with intereference. This app allowed me to see all the wifi signals in my office and identify the one that was interefering with us and find an open channel. Great App!
Does what it says...
Not terribly useful other than in seeing the wifis within range of your computer. It is interesting.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.