By Adrian Granados-Murillo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home, small office, or enterprise networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full screen mode and split view support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Fixes an issue where state of side panel is not maintained between launches.
• Fixes incorrect parsing of MCS set in different information elements.
• Fixes incorrect 802.11 modes.
• Fixes incorrect security modes.
• Fixes opening of files using drag & drop.
• Other minor bug fixes.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Brilliant tool for the Professional
I work as a wireless engineer for a large Wi-Fi vendor. This is my go-to tool for doing quick sanity checks and making sure that radio settings are correct. The ability to drill down into the Information Elements in the Beacons as well as the ability to extract information from them like QBSS load etc onto the customizable dashboard layout really sets this tool apart form any of its competitors. If you are a wireless engineer or are looking to get into the business of installing/maintaining/administering WLANs and you own a Mac, this should be the first tool you install.
Excellent, really pefect and reliable
This app warrants the effort to write a review. As someone who frequently troubleshoots and configured wireless networks, this app gets opened almost everyday. I’ve had this app for over a year and not once have I had it crash or do anything other than exactly what it purports to do; quickly show me a view of the wireless networks around me and all the technical information I could ask for.
Well worth the money!
WiFi Pro - Love this tool
I’m a professional WiFi guy and have been for a good long while. This is one of my favorite tools for WiFi analysis. Great to see what what’s going on with a network quickly, easily and with enough data to point to where to start digging. Use with Andre’s AirTool to do captures you have one heckuva lot of tools for not a lot of bread. It’s RAD.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2016 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor