TWC WiFi Finder
By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Check out the redesigned TWC WiFi Finder 5.0!
The free TWC WiFi Finder app makes it easy to locate and connect to the nationwide TWC WiFi® network so you can get fast, reliable Internet on-the-go. Access is FREE for subscribers of TWC Standard Internet or above and Business Class Internet customers. Not a customer? No worries. Free Trial and Access Pass options are also available.
Look for our network of over 400,000 hotspots nationwide. For details on the latest locations, refer to the coverage map at: http://www.twc.com/wificoverage.
Features of WiFi Finder include:
- Save your TWC ID and password for a fast connection to TWCWiFi-Passpoint, our most secure network
- View hotspots in map or list format
- Search for hotspots even when you are not connected to the Internet
- Request new TWC WiFi Hotspots
- Receive occasional notifications when you are near TWC WiFi Hotspots (Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
- View usage, calculate savings and register devices for seamless access to TWC WiFi
What's New in Version 5.3.14
- Important (v5.3): We have a *new* TWC WiFi profile that all users should download to maintain secure and seamless access to our nationwide network of nearly 500,000 hotspots.
- Bug fixes
tried it, total fail, worthless app, and twc knows it
---latest review march 2016
Used while wifi active. Useless. Just a map database of mostly public, and some twc only wifi hotspots which may or may not be available.
Lists private home wifi of some users as twc "available", because their wifi is associated with a home business. These addresses MUST BE REMOVED. Or, I guess i can just go Internet their houses unnounced, sit on the couch, and start using wifi. So stupid, twc.
Once your net is gone, the app REQUIRES you to login, and of course, no net no login. Even though this is nothing more than a twc database of possibly available hotspots. Dont require logins, that is STUPID for access to a semi public database. Dont require logins for an app that needs no net to work. STUPID one more time.
- get rid of the app, totally worthless
- fire the person who designed the app
- fire the president of the company who allowed money to be spent creating such worthless garbage
- fire the sales staff that gets paid good money to promote the garbage
app may get wifi to some users, but i got nothing. app shows wifi dots on a map, but could not even get the right text list by zipcode. might as well just turn wifi on on travel, see if the wifi is twc related, and try twc login crdentials. not sure what, if any, benefit there is to this app. should just be info on thei website, does not belong in an app.
I thought I would really test this app being an IT person. So I loaded it on my granddaughters tablet to see how well it worked, we then got in the car and and I started one of her Disney Mackey mouse club house videos from the Disney website and then off we went. I drove all over the city taking care of my errands and her video never loss connection but it did have to buffer the video 2 times. My granddaughter even played a couple of her web based learning games no more turning my iPhone into a hotspot! I myself loaded the app on my iPhone and was able to stream a Netflix movie while parked waiting for my wife. So I have no complaints at the moment, the app works very well for us. So thank you TWC for the Wi-Fi service that your supplying and keep up the great work!
GPS Stays On
If you use this app, you have to go into the gps settings to manually turn it off. There's only two settings, always on or never. It needs to be "while using the app." Reason why this is an issue, because when the gps is on all the time, it drains the battery quicker. Being on the road all the time battery life is important with me. Otherwise the app works real good. Also be nice to use google maps to navigate to the wifi location or have some type of landmark to quickly identify the wifi area. Status of the wifi would be great too, sometimes you go to a hotspot and it doesn't seem to be working.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 15, 2016
- Version: 5.3.14
- Size: 54.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.