By Adrian Granados-Murillo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable status icon display options
• Dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, roams to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
What's New in Version 4.0.5
• Improves display of status bar pattern when value items are not available.
• Updates vendors database.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Great Little App
I’ve been using this app a couple of years now. I installed it when I started working from home full time - before everyone in the neighborhood had wifi and range extenders. It’s been extremely useful in helping me both avoid and troubleshoot connectivity issues. Being able to determine at a glance whether it’s a signal issue/wifi issue or something else has saved me hours of pain.
I really like this app. It help me tremedously sort things out on a “noisy” environment and figure out what the best strategy was to improve my WiFi entwork efficiency. I couldn’t have done it without it.
The traffic report
Tells you what channel is best and to set your router, when automatic is not working like it should