By Adrian Granados
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Configurable status icon display options
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
What's New in Version 3.3
• Fixed problem when refreshing device name.
• Added options to display channel width.
• Other minor fixes and performance enhancements.
• Updated vendors database.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Very useful tool for troubleshooting
This software is extremely helpful for internet or network troublshooting. The interface tells everything when you open the software, you can easily find the information what you are looking for when you have problmes. For me, I use this tool to check the channel conflict to avoid unnecessary problems with my neighbours. And also, you could use this tool to find out the best location of your wireless router. :)
Clear display and easy to use
Very easy to use. Sits in the menu bar- just click once to open; then click again to close. Accurate and easy to read info about strength of the Wifi signal you are getting in real time, so you can move your desktop and laptop around to get the best signal. Also recommends better channels if you have a lot of neighbors using your channel. Great display. Best one I’ve tried.
Great tool when you have multiple Networks
Awesome utility to help me figure out the best network at home to use. With networks on different Mhz, it’s nice to see at a glance which has the best sn ratio.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 06, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2015 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor