By Adrian Granados
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Configurable status icon display options
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
What's New in Version 3.3.2
• Fixes incorrect channel number in popup window.
What's new in version 3.3.1:
• Fixes to popup window for Retina displays.
• Added option to enable/disable verbose status.
• Other minor fixes.
• Updated vendors database.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Great Wifi App for network admins
This app has been very useful for a quick look at wifi signal strength.
How can we change the channel
This is a great app but it sometimes says change channel what does it mean and how do I do it
This is just such an elegant and useful utility that I am suprised Apple doesnt incorporate the functionality into OS X directly. My Macbook will never be without it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 07, 2015
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2015 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor