Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable status icon display options
• Light and dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, roams to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
• Fixes truncated values in the UI.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been use tis App now for over a year and find it very useful in monitoring the health of my network as well as keeping it tuned up for the most optimal signal strength, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, simple and easy to use wifi signal strength evaluation.
Super useful app, especially in crowded business and residential environments! 👍
😁 The simple status display iscsuper useful. Apple should hand the developer a bunch of money and include the same features in the OS.
Not Exactly Accurate on MacOS Mojave
I ran the app Speedtest and got 271 Mbps and Wfi Signal gave me 234 Mbps Wifi rate. The app needs to be fine tuned. Other then the in slight inaccuracies it's a pretty good app. It's nice to know the noise ratio on the Wifi network. SNR (db)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.