By Adrian Granados
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Configurable status icon display options
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
LET'S MAKE IT BETTER
If you have something good to say about WiFi Signal, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store. If you find a problem or have a concern, please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
What's New in Version 2.1
• Minor UI tweaks and improvements
• Updated and normalized vendors database
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor