WifiPad transforms your iPhone/iPod Touch into a wireless gamepad. It simulates keyboard events on a computer running the WifiPad Server over the Wifi network. It works with any games that accepts keyboard keys as input.
- Supports multiple iPhone/iPod Touches.
- Customizable key configurations.
- Create your own gamepad themes. Define your own image and set your own button layout.
- Open source server available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Limited by the quality of the Wifi network.
- Not the same experience as a real gamepad, but good for a temporary substitute.
- Not all games are compatible
- iPhone/iPod Touch (2.2 and 3.0 compatible)
- Windows XP, Vista or Mac OS X (10.4+, Intel/PPC), Linux (Ubuntu 8.04+) PC running WifiPad Server
- Wireless network
*** NOTICE ***
This app requires WifiPad Server software running on your PC/Mac. Download it for free at: http://www.wifipad.com/
- Bonjour discovery for Macs
- Mouse smoothing adjustments
- Basic trackpad support
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Works great for some games but in modern combat world domination I can't find a way to make it look up and down the way I'm used to. I like it when it's like my thumb is on top of the characters head and I pull my thumb down to make him look up. And push his head forward to look down. If anyone could please help Rediyz at me dot com is my mail. Please assist. Otherwise freaking awesome ESP for free.
Every thing I want and more
This app is great. You can customize the controller any way you want. Add joy sticks or buttons or a mouse pad. Make it look like any controller. It's awesome. No complaints. Works with project 64, visual boy advance, and since it registers the buttons as key strokes, it works with prince of Persia sands of time which has no normal gamepad support. So it's great.
After reading reviews about this app, seeing it in action, and attempting to use it myself, I can tell that it works very well. It has a lot of great features that other digital gamepads don't have. However, whenever I connect to a server, the app always crashes. I believe this is because it is outdated, and I would appreciate it if someone would bring this app back and fix it. Thank you.
Note: Using iPod 5th Generation and Windows Vista Premium
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.