By Synium Software GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
WikiBuddy is a smart Wikipedia browser. Always have the largest encyclopedia on the planet at your fingertips in an non-obstructive way. WikiBuddy allows you to directly search Wikipedia from your menu bar and quickly open articles in the built-in reader. You can even select any text in any application and access WikiBuddy with a simple keystroke!
- Browse all available Wikipedia articles in 36 languages
- Search articles directly from your menu bar
- Jump to sections easily using the quick navigation bar
- Links are parsed from Wikipedia articles for quick access to related articles
- Bookmarks to articles accessible from the search menu and from each article reader
- Select text in any app and access WikiBuddy with a simple key stroke
- Quickly switch languages of the current article
- Streamlined and lightweight user interface
- Prioritize languages for search results
- Enlarge images within articles with a simple click
- Article history directly accessible from the menu bar
The largest encyclopedia at your fingertips
WikiBuddy adds a small icon to your menu bar to instantly search Wikipedia. It immediately displays search results in all languages specified in the preferences.
WikiBuddy comes with a powerful article viewer. Wikipedia never looked nicer and never was easier to navigate. Quickly jump to different sections or languages with a single click.
Articles are automatically reformatted for an optimal browsing experience. Clicking on an image opens the file viewer displaying a larger version of the picture.
All sections from the current article are directly accessible from a quick navigation bar. This way, you can jump to the section of the article you want to read without having to scroll through the whole document.
Access WikiBuddy from any app
Simply right-click on any word in any app or hit a configurable shortcut to search for articles. WikiBuddy opens an in-place search window and displays results instantly.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
- Language selector issues fixed
- Memory leak fixed
- Startup time improved
Good, but could be better
EDIT: FOUND HOTKEY! After much searching and wanting, the hotkey is shift + command + E and can be changed in the Services menu! Works as advertised! 5 STARS AWARDED FOR BEST WIKI APP!
-Would still want a quick search button, where I don't have to highlight a word and could just quickly access the search bar.
This is one of the best wiki apps, and would be amazing with a hotkey (FOUND READ ABOVE) assigned like the description implies. Also, emailing the developer doesn't seem to get a response.
Otherwise great for quick searching, better than all the other free apps. Its apps like this that really improve my productivity, as I feel like looking things up is just easy, fast, and well organzed. Thanks!
I have been wanting a good Wiki app for OS X. Finally it's here! Only gripe I have is the 3-finger swipes left/right (on trackpad) do not do serve as gestures for going back/forward in your navigation history like as in web browsers, Finder etc. Plaease fix that and this will be the ultimate Wiki app!
Oh, one more thing. It needs a global hotkey for search. I see the app description implies there is on, but I can't find it.
Much more elegant and useful than the other Wikibrowsers I tried. Thanks!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 23, 2012
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mendel Kucharzeck
- © 2012 Synium Software GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.0 or later