WikiLinks - Smart Wikipedia Reader
By Boris Conforty
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WikiLinks is the most fun and powerful way to discover everything Wikipedia has to offer, in a fantastic multilingual and multimedia experience including YouTube videos and advanced image browsing.
• Fast Wikipedia article search in all the languages of your choice at once.
• Unique full-text search in reading history.
• Wiktionary search.
• Articles near your location.
Video, Image and Sound
• Unique YouTube video integration.
• WikiLinks is the first and only app that plays Wikipedia videos on mobile Apple devices!
• Fullscreen image gallery with captions.
• Easy access to any image in the article via the image bar.
• Play all Wikipedia sound, music samples, pronunciation excerpts…
• Keep and manage a list of bookmarks of your favorite articles.
• Keep and manage a complete history of all read articles.
• Search for text in previously read articles.
• WikiLinks' unique algorithm brings you new and unexpected reading material.
• 2D mind map to keep track of your journey and suggest new paths.
• Easily find any text in the current article.
• Interactive table of contents.
• Customize text display (font, hyphenation, justification).
• Offline reading of previously read articles, including images.
• Articles in the mind map can be downloaded all at once for later offline viewing.
• Beautiful themes.
And much more! Visit our site to see everything you can do with WikiLinks.
What's New in Version 2.14
• Fixes a crash on iPhone 6 Plus
A little busy but overall a good experience
I like this app in general. It's definitely not perfect though from an interface perspective. I'm not a fan of the fact that searching brings me to the cloud rather than the actual article I searched for. Also the red counts for pictures and such are a little distracting, and I don't personally need the strip of thumbnails either since I can simply click on the images button to view them. The table of contents should be more easily accessible. These things just clutter up the experience in my opinion and it'd be nice to be able to control them.
That said, this is still probably my favorite Wikipedia app for the richness of it and the number of features. I also appreciate the many ways you can customize how things look with themes and a ridiculous font selection. Once I got used to the busy-ness of it I haven't had any trouble navigating the app. So I'm giving it four stars in the hope more customization of the interface will come some day.
Very good. My reading capabilities are advancing day by day with this app, I love it. The layout is beautiful. I researched the app thoroughly before purchasing it, I should have just bought it right away. It's exactly what I am looking for. The creator of this app deserves a prize for this. GREAT JOB..!!!!!!!
Love the app's features but clunky and cluttered interface
If there was an easier way to access bookmarks, less notifications everywhere, and just prettier rendering of articles it would be better. I'll keep using it and hopefully wait for the updates
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 07, 2014
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Boris Conforty
- © 2013 Boris Conforty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.