Wikipanion arrives for the iPad!
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Article coordinate link shows location on map
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request. To refresh a page, visit the page, click in the search bar and then hit "enter" again keeping the same page name.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
- Fixed formatting issues
- Many more bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of my favorite resource apps. Keep up the good work!
UPDATE FOR iOS 11
Please update the app and the pro app for iOS 11. Since the new software, you cannot save photos on the wikipanion iPad app. Please fix!
Awesome. 5 Stars Becomes 5+ Stars!
Finally, the icon change...Wow! Who knew? This makes it even better to look at. I buy a lot of apps, but rarely take the time to write reviews, this one's worth it and definitely deserves it. I keep this App on my main home screen for both my iPad and iPhone for quick use, so it was a 5 star App already, but something so subtle as the color of an icon kinda does make a difference. I find it more appealing and inviting, actually. I've used his App for 4+ years, I've never had any issues, and that's why I find Wikipanion to be the best Wikipedia resource there is in the App Store. You can find information on pretty much anything and everything that you want or need to look up. The best part is the user interface is simple which makes it easy to search, read and jump from one link to another, plus it's easy to go back and forth to and from previous pages, also has adjustable settings for customization, and in landscape mode, while using iPad, you can bookmark favorites (i.e. when referencing items like TV show episodes, categorizing terminology, or itemizing various subjects, etc.). Thank you and keep up the good work. 5+stars!
- Robert Chin
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010-2016 Robert Chin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.