By Robert Chin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best gets even better! Enhance Wikipedia with queue mode, designed for keeping track of entries you want to read in the future. Add entries to the queue easily while browsing, and optionally save them for faster visiting or offline browsing. Downloading entries for offline or accelerated reading happens in the background while you browse and read other pages, so you don't have to stop and wait for pages to be saved.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about Plus features. Want to see why Wikipanion is the best? Download the free Wikipanion.
What's New in Version 1.8.80
- Bug fixes
Please change the icon color
This is a great app. It works well with Wikipedia and all manner of other wikis. It's very easy to create customized wikis, which is why I purchased this app.
That said, there's a couple of improvements that could make this better. First is the icon. I use Wikipanion and Wikipanion Plus- one for Wikipedia and one for custom wikis. The problem is that the icons are identical, which means that I'm constantly tapping the wrong one. A simple color change would fix this.
The second issue is Wookieepedia- the Star Wars wiki. The text tends to render on top of each other- making it unreadable.
Latest update crashes ...
I've had this app installed on every iPhone I've owned for the last 4-5 years. It has been a great way to view Wikipedia & other wikis.
However, this latest update has the app crashing and LOSING all of the history, all of the pages that you have visited. Sometimes I start reading an article on a specific topic, and that article leads me to any number of related (or unrelated!) pages. I can then go back through previous pages to the original article. But now that the app is crashing, all the history is wiped.
This is not good performance from a $5 app. Until this "crash bug" is corrected, I might as well go back to accessing Wikipedia through a browser. At least my page history would remain intact.
I do hope the problem is sorted out soon, because when this app works properly, it completely merits 5 stars. Right now, not so much.
Amazing. Simply Stunning.
• The Wikipanion app does a better job of displaying the content from Wikipedia than anyone, including Wikipedia itself.
• The Plus features are essential to the experience. Offline browsing and the queue make people want to use Wikipedia's popular content.
• Full screen reading suggest reading without distraction and using the entire screen.
• A design that is so beautiful yet simple. Focus on what you are learning, not on how it's displayed.
• The transition from portrait to landscape moves the displayed content further down the article instead on the current content.
Please remove the status bar while reading an article.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 12, 2015
- Version: 1.8.80
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hu, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Robert Chin
- © 2009-2014 Robert Chin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.