By Wikimedia Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore your world, find a quick fact, or dive down a Wikipedia rabbit hole with the official Wikipedia app for iOS. With more than 40 million articles across nearly 300 languages, your favorite free online encyclopedia is at your fingertips.
NEW: Places - Find Wikipedia articles about places next door or across the globe, with a map and location based search experience. On a trip or your daily commute, with Places it’s easy to learn more about the world around you.
Explore feed - Discover the depths of Wikipedia through your explore feed, which surfaces Wikipedia articles and captivating freely-licensed photos. The feed is constantly updated and includes:
- recommended articles based on what you’ve already read
- featured articles hand-picked by the Wikipedia community
- daily top read articles
- picture of the day
- random articles
- nearby landmarks
Find and search - Easily find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or using Spotlight. You can even search with your favorite emojis!
Quick access - Add Wikipedia to your device's Today screen to pick up exactly where you stopped reading your last article, or see the top-read articles and trends of the day.
Easy touch navigation, including 3D touch - Multi-touch gestures like swipe, tap, and 3D Touch features complete essential tasks more quickly and simply.
Save articles - Save articles for reading later, even when you’re offline.
Multilingual support - Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any Wikipedia-supported language — there are nearly 300!
Share - Easily share articles, images, and facts from Wikipedia on social media or by email. Or use Handoff to continue reading articles across your iOS devices.
Want to know more behind the scenes of the Wikipedia mobile app for iOS? Check out these resources:
To send feedback, from the app tap:
Settings Gear > Send app feedback
Contribute to our app localizations:
Code at GitHub open source repository:
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable organization funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home.
What's New in Version 5.5.1
Small bug fixes. Refinements to VoiceOver support for Places.
New Places tab lets you find Wikipedia articles about places near you, or across the globe. Use maps to find the most interesting articles next door, or anywhere your curiosity takes you.
Worth the price of a PELL grant
And, the folkish ideation that college even without much brains or ability and no ingenuity but enough funds will get you to the next stage of humanity, and; facts are in Bernie backed off and folded. It doesn't take money or brains or luck and proper grooming (however of all the other blessings grooming is second; next to integrity). You got or you better get it. A lot of courage and the ability to recover from failures and experience at reading for truth in Wikipedia-- or a an apt bldg. with a address like #666 -- that has to help some too.
Not Too Shabby
As a daily Wikipedia visitor, I was thrilled when I realized that the Wikimedia Foundation had finally developed an app for the site. Using the app is virtually the same experience as visiting the site on a laptop/desktop computer and the developers have even added a dock feature to convenience users. My only critique stems from the absence of editor related features such as accessing talk pages and viewing user profiles.
Very smooth-functioning app, I've never felt like it was missing a function I need. Wikipedia itself is almost synonymous with "the Internet", do I need to explain what a wealth of knowledge it is? Get this app if you find yourself constantly Googling to just click on the Wikipedia page, saves you time (and you can bookmark articles/pages easily)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 05, 2017
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Assamese, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Central Bikol, Central Kurdish, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Kölsch, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Oriya, Oromo, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Sindhi, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Venetian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yakut, Yiddish
- Seller: Wikimedia Foundation
- © 2017 Wikimedia Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.