By Wikimedia Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official Wikipedia App for iOS. Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia containing more than 32 million articles in 280 languages, and is the most comprehensive and widely used reference work humans have ever compiled.
* Better search results with short descriptions of matching articles
* Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any language
* Quickly share facts as image cards or text
* Saved pages for when you don't have a data connection
* Prominent image and description at the top of many articles
* High resolution image galleries
* Related article suggestions at the bottom of each article
* Nearby articles for exploring your current location
* Swipe left for quick section navigation table of contents
* Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Contribute to our translations:
Open source repository:
To send feedback in the app tap:
W > More > About the Wikipedia app > Send app feedback
What's New in Version 4.1.6
Just a quick release to squash some more bugs!
* Small visual enhancements
* Crash fixes
Let us know if you have any issues! Thanks for using the Wikipedia iOS App!
- The Wikimedia Reading Team
This is a very nice app. It is not a hassle like using the mobile site is (even though it's not much of a hassle). I like the UI, how it's all smooth and clean. It feels fresh and new. I love how easy it is to use it. I love how it is so easy to edit. I also love how it doesn't take up that much space on my iPad at all. I love this app. It's a great app.
July 8 update: nope, not yet. Go WikiPanion instead...
Images and Quick Facts should “float right” as on desktop. Quick Facts should open immediately, not need further action. Images should not be garishly large. Simple fixes for user friendliness and efficiency.
Instead of donating to Wikipedia as in the past, I will redirect my charity to other worthy causes for now. Apparently Wikipedia is losing concern for accessibility. Remember, folks, there are many OTHER sources of information out there. Wikipedia may be growing obsolete.
Uncomplicated, elegant, smooth
The latest version lets you tap anywhere at the top in order to bring up a search box. I'm set. No need to open the browser anymore. No frills. No gunk. Five stars, hands down.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.1.6
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Asturian, Avaric, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Central Bikol, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Occitan, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Vietnamese, Yiddish
- Seller: Wikimedia Foundation
- © 2015 Wikimedia Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.