Wikiwand’s Wikipedia reader is the fastest way to find answers on Wikipedia. Quickly access information on the go using Wikiwand’s powerful multi-language search, quick facts panel, link previews and in-article search, presented in a beautiful award-winning interface.
• Multi-language search (up to 3 languages simultaneously)
• Amazingly accurate search results with pictures
• Different icons for people, locations, films, music, etc.
• Perform a Google search for articles in one tap
• In-article text search capability
• Pre-loading of articles for immediate access
• Convenient quick facts panel
• Smart table of contents, one tap/swipe away
• Static header showing the currently read section
• Quick preview for links without leaving the article
• Easily toggle articles between your preferred languages
• Sleek and intuitive user-interface
• Clean article display with beautiful typography
• Immersive photo gallery with filmstrip navigation
• Interactive maps for countries, cities and other venues
• Browse articles around you on a map
Wikiwand has been featured on TechCrunch, Mashable, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Fast Company, Yahoo, The Next Web and dozens of others.
map bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Why do I love Wikiwand? The answer is simple. It allows me to further my education even though I'm 60 years old I still have the inquisitive mind that I remember having as a child who had just learned the power of the written word. I adopted my philosophy of life. With the power of our beautiful mind God made us His children and showered us with the wonders of this beautiful world. I have lived with a simple philosophy that if I live a day without learning something new, then I've just wasted the whole day. It has made me a rich man and I'm not talking about money. I'm rich with the love of my God and His love of us! Sure I would like to have the money to be able to live a life of comfort and travel the world to see all of the wonders that I've only been able to read about. But I've been blessed by God with a brain that has shown me that money isn't what's important in life. People are what's important and family is all the riches I need. I'm rich with love because I've been blessed with two children and their children. With a heart full of love and gratefulness I thank all the people who were involved with the creation of Wikipedia. Thanks to all of you! 😊😎
Seems ok so far
I've had the app on my phone, but have only been using it very recently. I like the aesthetic, and so far it seems pretty straightforward in use and I haven't had any problems in understanding how it works. I don't like how bare bones it is, however, in functionality. Some features I pretty quickly noticed I would appreciate are the ability to save pages (maybe even into groups/folders) and the ability to swipe to the previous page. Trying to use full text search also gave me a 404 error screen every time.
Good but has serious problems
This app is excellent in many ways. For the most part, it displays articles in an aesthetically pleasing way conducive to learning. The major drawback, however, is the too often reoccurrence of articles failing to load. This flaw happens regardless of the status of wifi or signal strength. It is for this reason that I cannot recommend this app over visiting Wikipedia on your standard web browser. Until this issue is fixed (and history has shown that the app developers are not concerned with this issue), I do not recommend downloading this app.
- Wikipele Ltd
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 Wikipele Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.