Wikiwand: Faster Wikipedia Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wikiwand’s Wikipedia reader is the fastest way to find answers on Wikipedia. Quickly access information on the go using Wikiwand’s powerful multi-language search, quick facts panel, link previews and in-article search, presented in a beautiful award-winning interface.
• Multi-language search (up to 3 languages simultaneously)
• Amazingly accurate search results with pictures
• Different icons for people, locations, films, music, etc.
• Perform a Google search for articles in one tap
• In-article text search capability
• Pre-loading of articles for immediate access
• Convenient quick facts panel
• Smart table of contents, one tap/swipe away
• Static header showing the currently read section
• Quick preview for links without leaving the article
• Easily toggle articles between your preferred languages
• Sleek and intuitive user-interface
• Clean article display with beautiful typography
• Immersive photo gallery with filmstrip navigation
• Interactive maps for countries, cities and other venues
• Browse articles around you on a map
Wikiwand has been featured on TechCrunch, Mashable, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Fast Company, Yahoo, The Next Web and dozens of others.
What's New in Version 1.1
map bug fix
Beautiful Design & Ease of Use
Sincerely enjoy this app. I rarely review, but I actually found myself looking for the review button so others would know. The design of the app is pretty stunning, from the link decoration to the homage to Wikipedia native font. Great job. The only piece of constructive feedback I would offer is that back swipe functionality would tremendous. Which also solve the search bug.
No longer recommended
Update: Seriously, no update in over a year and this is the best you could do. I can no longer recommend this app.
This app is stunning! However, in many ways it still lacks polish. The search interface still needs to be refined to accommodate both search functionality as well as scrolled to the top functionality. Additionally this app needs to support swipe back functionality to return to the previous page. iPad support is also a must.
Surf the world with their map interface. Anywhere. Try it. Locally around you. You'd be amazed how many things there are that you didn't even know. This is an awesome app. I had The unfortunate opportunity to be bedridden for six days with my phone and phone charger. This app rocks.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 05, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Wikipele Ltd
- © 2015 Wikipele Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.