Wild Kratts Creature Math
By PBS KIDS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Wild Kratts Creature Math app is a fusion of fun and learning based on the hit PBS KIDS series Wild Kratts.
Creature Math helps children practice addition and subtraction and learn valuable ecology/science concepts as they create their very own animal habitat, filled with cool creature pals!
Featuring eight different animals, Creature Math keeps kids engaged as they care for their animals and habitat. With dozens of hilarious animations and loads of fascinating nature facts, practicing math and learning about the interaction between animals and their environment has never been so fun!
- Automatically adjusts math difficulty as player’s proficiency increases.
- Automatically saves progress, so you can manage habitat and pals over time.
- Up to four unique profiles can be saved.
- Add multiple animals of any type for increased creativity and personalization.
- 13 different Reward Banners can be earned and placed within habitats.
- Pal Screen lets users pet and feed animal pals at any time.
- Grid interface allows maximum flexibility with habitat creation and item placement.
- Dozens of cool animal facts.
- Features Martin and Chris Kratt as game hosts and guides.
- 16 different home types and food items.
- “Sleep” function automatically adjusts food consumption rate between play sessions.
What's New in Version 1.2
minor visual fix
If you like the Wild Kratts TV show you'll really like this game. We had no problem with the sound. It's a fun way to learn adding and subtracting. Also you learn how to build and take care of a habitat. When you get the math questions right you get animals and plants to put in your habitat and food to feed them. It's kind of complicated because you can only put them in certain places, like the beavers have to go in the water but raccoons only go in trees that have been burned by lightening. You need certain things to make them happy, like beavers need trees and raccoons need berries. Also, sometimes you can't get what they need right away - you have to wait for a lightening storm to burn a tree before you can do the math to add the raccoon. I wish I could add things whenever I want to, but since you have to get everything an animal needs first it does teach you about how habitats are created and how everything depends on everything else. Once you get the hang of it it's really fun, and you get cool badges for making the animals happy. And you're practicing math the whole time.
My daughter is having fun practicing math facts. :)
I am a homeschool Mom with a daughter who is crazy about Wild Kratts, but not about practicing or learning math facts. She LOVES playing this game, and it is the first game I have found where she will willingly sit and do math for more than a minute or two. She loves taking care of all the animals and is determined to earn all the badges. Even if it didn’t have the math practice this would still be a great game, but that added bonus is great for us. We have not had any sound problems.
We love this!
Many thanks to the reviewer who pointed out that you need to move the physical volume switch (the one that looks kinda like an on/off button) in order to hear the sound effects.
That said, you don't necessarily need the sounds; kids and I played it during the Fourth of July concert with the sound off and enjoyed it perfectly well. And hey, cooperative gaming for the win!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 14, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 65.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PBS Kids
- © 2012 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.